We are looking for a full-time, passionate Buyer/Store Manager for our new magazine and lifestyle shop here in Notting Hill Gate. If you love magazines and books this is the role for you!
KURO kiosk is an indie magazine and lifestyle shop. The Buyer/Store Manager will ultimately be responsible for buying all the stock for the Kiosk, managing and maintaining a network of suppliers covering the retail side, overseeing the arrival of stock. They will also be responsible for keeping the shop in order and day to day operations.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in world aairs, business and design, and have a passion for printed material as well as the ability to be an ambassador for our brand. Our ideal candidate is someone who can operate eiciently and productively in a lively retail environment, with a work ethic and passion that reflects our high standards and brand values.
• YOU MUST LOVE INDIE MAGAZINES!
• Buy and curate the oering of the store’s print selection, ensuring KURO kiosk relevance in
contemporary publishing industry
• Conduct and analyse quarterly/annual financial sales reports, and produced financial
• Responsible for hiring and training sta, and managing sta member’s development in the
• Develop the reputation and profile of KURO kiosk brand within the local communities,
fostering appropriate business relationships
• Visual merchandising of the store’s ever evolving displays
• Represented the KURO kiosk brand at international trade shows and in press interviews • Aid in digital and print Marketing and PR activities
• Have previous experience in retail incl. managing team rotas
• Be committed to outstanding customer service through your own exemplary and professional
consultations with our diverse customer base
• Can work in a friendly, collaborative manner & communicate eectively
• Have the confidence and willingness to sell products that require specialist knowledge • Have commercial acumen and ability to highlight ideas, opportunities and challenges • Have strong written & verbal communication skills
• Be hands-on, practical problem solving and have a high attention to detail