UK creative freelancers: What Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code do you use for your limited company?

I haven't yet found one that covers the remit of freelance creative direction: Which can be artistic (eg. writing, art direction, conceptual thinking), consultative (eg. giving an expert opinion on a strategic position) or service based (eg. providing holiday cover for a head of department). And, of course, everything in between. I'm using '90030 Artistic creation' because I also create artwork independant of the work I do in adland, but curious what other codes people are using?


  • 73110 - Advertising agencies

    If you're a one-person business, it can seem slightly strange to use the term "agency", but it doesn't really matter too much! It'll set you up for future expansion if you choose so. ;-)

You must sign up or log in before you 
add a comment.

Post reply