You must sign up or log in before you
add a comment.
- Llum Barcelona! It's a festival based on light and the interaction with it in the city of Barcelona and I've been three years in a row and each year it gets better!
- teamLab Borderless is a must go event.
- Ooh just remembered Power Suit Social + SheSaysUK to add to the below list of ones to watch. Particularly good for freelance creatives. If you're a copywriter, the #copywritersunite events Vikki Ross has rolled out across the country are a brilliant informal way to meet up with other copy writers + copy lovers (https://twitter.com/copynights) x
- I love HERlarious, which is comedy for creatives. There's another coming up in May which if you're in London I highly recommend (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/herlarious-comedy-confidence-for-creatives-tickets-59522791271#tickets). Contagious events always have amazing speaker line-ups + Take Fucking Risks the pub crawl from Mellor & Smith is AWESOME (+ coming up in May too (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/take-fucking-risks-the-pub-crawl-may-19-tickets-57517917640). GA's Kickass Women Slay on May 2nd is bound to be brilliant because Nathalie Gordon is speaking - plus it's free (https://generalassemb.ly/education/kickass-women-slay-the-creative-world/london/74704). Creative Equals, The Other Box, Badass Gal, Good Girls Eat Dinner, F*ck Being Humble - anything they put on will be on point. I wish I could afford to go to everything...the toughest thing about creative events is allocating your event budget!
- This is our event! But I think it's great :)Shiny monthly events, in London & Los Angeles.Open to emerging directors worldwide, we promote monthly screenings, commissioner discussions and networking sessions at fantastic industry venues.We're committed to improving representation in the commercial video industry.https://www.shinyawards.com/next-events
- Video Roulette run by Albion Gray - basically a comedy/weird/random internet video screening with bonus party games - I think only findable on Facebook @thevideoroulette
- OFFF Barcelona is also very good: https://offf.barcelona/
- Creative Mornings talks are good! They happen early in the morning on Fridays, once a month. It's a good way to start the day, before heading to work.
- I really love Creative Mornings! (Talks given by people in the industry on Fridays, normally with free breakfast too - I've even watched some of the taped presentations because I think they're really inspirational.)
- In oct. 12 the International Contemporary Art Fair was the one of my favourite and really good event I've ever gone in 2018 and looks fine to have more ideas for any kind of own projects and produces furthermore more brainstorming plans. So nice and lots of creative stuff from all over the word.
- There are two that I try to get to every year:SXSW -- brings interactive creators, musicians, and filmmakers together in Austin, Texas for dialog and shared experiences.Interaction Conference -- hosted by the IXDA (Interaction Design Association a world-wide body of people in UX) this is a great week long event with terrific speakers, student design challenges, and more.
- IAM Weekend in Barcelona. The idea was to bring together designers and creatives from all walks of life to re-imagine technology and the way we use it.
- Creative Adventur.es (magazine event)The Quarter Club (for women)FJ&Co (for freelance writers)Power Suit Social (for 80s real talk)
- I went to Poster Spy's Annual exhibition. A really fun way to interact with other creative professionals.
- Really loved a recent F*ck Being Humble event I went to - the themes change each time but they're all super relevant to the creative industries. They're half inspirational speakers, half workshopping your issues (+pizza and drinks!). I think Stephanie Sword-Williams who runs the events is on The Dots if you want to connect and find out more :-)
- This ones for all music lovers... I went to a Pitchblack Playback session! A super cool way of appreciating the pure sound of music... eye masks on.... huge surrounding sound system.... in complete darkness!Check out the line-up of upcoming album premieres here: http://www.pitchblackplayback.com/
- A friend runs brilliant events across London, called Special Guest.They happen in loads of different venues, and the idea is that the audience are the speakers - so anyone can get up on stage and say literally whatever they want for up to 1minute. It's amazing, always keeps things interesting - some people get up and pitch a project idea, tell a story, share wisdom from a relative... anything really. Such a nice community spirit, definitely recommend :-)