- 31 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY, UK
Organised by Protein
BAO BAO ISSEY MIYAKE presents “BAO BAO VOICE”, an interactive multi-sensory event that displays the unique design and aesthetics of the brand’s iconic bags in an immersive experience during the London Design Festival.
BAO BAO ISSEY MIYAKE bags are known for their innovative geometric structure made up of versatile triangular pieces. The construction of each bag creates infinite three-dimensional forms that take on diverse expressions when users touch and interact with them.
Merging product with movement and sound, BAO BAO VOICE is an event that will allow users to engage with the structures, shapes and textures of the bags like a musical instrument.
Using cutting edge technology, moving the bags in particular ways will elicit certain synchronised sounds. These sounds also correspond with a series of diverse visuals that will be projected onto an ever-changing screen in the event space. Showing gradients of colours alongside visuals and sonic textures, key characteristics of the brand’s design ethos will give a sense of the ethereal beauty and playful nature of BAO BAO ISSEY MIYAKE.
Showcasing the vibrant colour palettes and iconic design ethos of BAO BAO ISSEY MIYAKE, this event will also include an installation of more than 100 bags in a kaleidoscopic rainbow.
There will be a pop-up shop selling the basic lines as well as new Autumn/Winter’19 collection.
September 17–23, 2019 | Protein Studios, Shoreditch | Opening Hours: Monday, Wednesday–Sunday 10:00–19:00 | Tuesday 10:00–21:30
You don't need a ticket for this event, your RSVP is a registration of interest.
- Joyce Li Lead Product Designer
- Murugiah . Artist
- Matei-Alexandru Mocanu Film & Video Director
- Olivia Yallop Strategist & Innovation Lead
- Adriana Faria production designer /set designer
- Lucy Corkish Magazines Manager
- Brendan McKnight Head of Content & Community
- Robyn Sian Cusworth content & community manager, freelance writer
- Laura Heilanen Video Producer, Content Creator and Performer
- Anaïs Zamboni Photographer and retoucher
- Helanzi Dreyer Art Director, Stylist, Designer.
- Milena Szymanek Visual Communicator