- Grosvenor Square, Mayfair, London W1K, UK
Organised by Bompas & Parr
Bompas & Parr have worked with Grosvenor to create a pop-up geodesic Butterfly Biosphere in Grosvenor Square, Mayfair.
The Biosphere features over 200 butterflies made up of 5 different species of the winged wonders. We partnered with the charity Butterfly Conservation who work towards protecting butterfly species in the wild. Inside the dome guests can ‘text 2 donate’ to the cause.
Guests will experience a tropical environment, with temperatures up to 30 degrees and humidity levels at 90%.
Guests can explore the mirror maze like walkways with hanging plants galore whilst surrounded by fluttering friends. They will stumble upon an emerging cage that sees pupae metamorphose, a feeding table that gives a banquet of fruit for the butterflies to feast on and a butterfly throne for guests to pose on with rainbow butterfly vision spectacles.
The aim of the event is to bring visitors to Grosvenor Square and closer to nature within the bustling city whilst bringing awareness to the importance of butterflies and all they do for us.
The Butterfly Biosphere is running from the 5th - 15th September and is free and open to the public every day 10am - 7pm.
- Helen Sirp Creative / Art Director
- Matei-Alexandru Mocanu Film & Video Director
- Anup Sharma Design + Creative Direction
- Verity Smith Photographer
- Sophie Howe Marketing, Partnerships & Event Production
- Joana Kabakaite Retoucher
- Daisy Domville-Musters Creative
- Helanzi Dreyer Art Director, Stylist, Designer.
- Ramon Blake Guthrie Motion Graphics Designer ♦ 3D Artist ♦ Art Director ♦
- Arian valcarcel Design
- Rosie Grant Brand Experience Designer
- Teresa Lucas Fashion Maker & Communicator