Organised by A New Direction
A four-part series of workshops designed to build your understanding of funding application.
Who is this workshop for?
Creatives working in the fields of music, theatre, dance, visual art or literature who want to apply for funding to develop their creative practice.
In this session, you will...
Learn how to find open funds
- We will have a look at some of the main funding bodies to see what funds are available
- Show participants how to subscribe to newsletters and relevant social media pages
- Learn how to register applicant profiles on websites such as the Arts Council and keep track of deadlines
Look at examples of successful applications
- We will have a read through some successful applications to analyse what makes them good, and keep them as examples we can refer back to for future sessions
Come up with a project idea
- Once we’ve found an open fund that we’re eligible for, we will brainstorm different project ideas that we could apply for
- We will ensure that the project ideas are eligible and meet the criteria the funding bodies are looking for
Requirements for the session
You are a creative working in the fields of music, theatre, dance, visual art or literature and want to apply for DYCP funding to develop your creative practice. Only 10 people will be selected to continue to the next three sessions, based on the development of their project idea. Must be able to commit to all four sessions.
- Session one: 11 Aug, 6:30-8pm
- Session two: 18 Aug, 6:30-8pm
- Session three:15 Sept, 6:30-8pm
- Session four: 29 Sept, 6:30-8pm
What is Arts Council DYCP funding?
Developing your Creative Practice (DYCP) funding supports individuals who are cultural and creative practitioners and want to take time to focus on their creative development.
Find out more here: https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/DYCP
Mina is an artist whose reputation has steadily amplified over the years thanks to two EPs for Portuguese label Enchufada, countless bootlegs and remixes, and her debut album “Flight Paths,” released in 2019 on her own label Earth Kicks. Her vibrant and melodic productions connect the dots between diverse styles, fusing together sounds from her London hometown, with rhythms from around the world. Mina has collaborated with vocalists and producers from Brazil, Jamaica and Ghana, most notably the vocalist and MC Bryte, who she tours internationally with. Alongside producing, Mina has a monthly residency on NTS radio, and is also part of the DJ collective Boko! Boko! with Tash LC and Juba. Mina has performed at prestigious venues and festivals around the world including Berghain, MoMA PS1, Nyege Nyege Festival and Primavera, and her tracks have been supported by key tastemakers such as Branko, Ben UFO and Jamz Supernova, serving only to further confirm her status as one of the UK’s most exciting talents.
This session is held in person in our space at the Good Growth Hub in Hackney Wick. Once you’ve booked your place on Eventbrite, you will be sent all of the information needed to find us on the day of the event.
We want everyone to be able to take part. So, if you have any access requirements, please feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com