Organised by General Assembly
About This Workshop
We’ll see you in class.
You’ll leave this class with:
- Basic knowledge of the core concepts of programming like variables, control flow, and functions.
- Confidence to continue practicing your coding skills
- This class assumes you have basic knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- We’ll send a Zoom link to your email the day of class.
- Note: your mic and camera will be off for the duration of the class.
- A recording will be shared via email after filling out our in-class survey.
About the Instructor
Software Engineering Immersive Lead Instructor, General Assembly
Taylor is a full-stack software engineer, full-time human, STEM educator, music maniac, mindfulness student, and change agent. Her trauma-informed, neurodiverse teaching approach focuses on deconstructing her students' self-limiting beliefs so they can experience more empowerment and curiosity in their studies.
Taylor truly believes everyone can learn if given the right support, having taught non-traditional/returning students, undergraduates at universities across the globe, folks returning to the work force after incarceration, elementary schoolers, and degree-holding residents of the middle-east. Taylor actively challenges the traditional professional environment, constantly advocating for a radically inclusive and holistic approach to both work and education. Her style supports a broad range of neurotypes, cultural, educational, and professional experiences.
When she's not teaching coding, you can find her hiking in the mountains, moshing at concerts, teaching yoga/meditation, and always with a furry friend by her side.