Organised by Escape the City
An online workshop to learn how to build a sustainable freelance career.
About this Event
The way the world works is rapidly evolving and it’s happening right before our eyes. Technological advances and the rapid rise in co-working spaces have opened up the possibilities for work.
We now have the power to challenge and reimagine every detail - when, where and how we work, as well as what we do. Perhaps the jobs we want don’t even exist yet.
This ever-changing landscape is very exciting, but it is asking us to redefine ourselves; from our skills and interests to our personal narratives. Navigating it for the first time can be overwhelming.
You might be wondering:
- How do I repurpose my skills?
- How do I set myself up as self-employed?
- How do I get my first gig?
- How do I track my finances?
- How do I promote my services?
- How do I not get lonely?
- How do I stay focused and manage my time?
- How do I stay healthy?
- How do I know which tech tools to use?
- How do I know if I'm ready to take the plunge?
This workshop is designed to help you navigate these tough questions. It’s far easier with a bunch of likeminded people and the support of an expert leadership team who totally get it.
This Workshop is for you if:
You're curious about entering the world of freelance but aren't sure how to get started or make it work for you.
You need to know what to do to make a freelance life work for you. What to do to give you an edge. How to get noticed. How to manage your finances to maintain balance. How to live the life you want.
You will learn:
- How to design a work life around who you really are
- How to build resilience, to not give up when times are tough
- How to meet new people and find new opportunities
- How to structure your time
- How to sell yourself
- How to stand out from the crowd and be better than the competition
- How to avoid 'Freelance Fatigue'
- How to choose the right work
- How to manage your finances on the journey
The workshop includes:
1. The basics - busting myths about what a freelance career is and what success looks like.
2. Keeping going - build the fuel you need for your journey, the importance of planning your working week and days; looking after yourself.
3. Getting ideas - explore areas of work, understand how to differentiate your offerings, and continue to innovate on your services.
4. Building the processes - all the essentials you need to set yourself up for success, from pricing to invoices, from contracts to legals, we'll help you get set up with all that you need.
5. Connecting with others - finding clients, developing a support network, non-networking networking, finding your tribe.
6. Making it work for you - you’ve decided to do this for you, so make sure you are you in your business, and you create a work life around you, measuring success on your terms.
What you'll get:
- An intensive & practical workshop
- Tactics, tools and strategies to reinvent yourself
- Tools and systems to make your freelance life easier
- Support building a pricing strategy for your services
- Inspiring stories of people who have done it before
- A jumpstart to propel you into the next phase of your life
- A fun, inspiring evening of getting clear!
How does it work online?
The workshop takes place online. You can join us via a computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you've reserved your place, we'll send you full details of how to take part.