Organised by General Assembly
Curious about starting your side hustle and going freelance? Hear from Lauren Edwards-Fowle on how she changed her career path from full-time 9-5 to full-time freelance.
In this event, we will discuss the ins and outs of freelancing with PeoplePerHour, topics that will be covered include:
- How to freelance part-time or full-time
- Should I set up as a sole trader or limited company?
- Where to find potential projects & develop your portfolio
- How to price yourself
- Managing client expectations
- How to market yourself
Learn how you can hone your talents, market them to potential clients and communicate your project goals clearly to channel success. The strategies discussed in this event applies to various industries.
- How to set up as a freelancer
- Develop a game plan to begin working in your field independently
- Better market your services to potential clients
- Navigate online and offline resources for freelancers
- Understand key pain points and for freelancers and how to deal with them such as taxes, insurance, and time management