- 2 Clove Cres, Poplar, London E14, UK
Organised by Republic
Dave Swindells is, simply, one of the most respected photojournalists in London’s nightlife industry. His iconic photographs which chart the very earliest days of clubbing and rave culture are part of the Saatchi Gallery exhibition, Sweet Harmony Rave I Today, which runs until 14 September.
After huge demand from those who missed it in April, Dave has agreed to showcase his incredible work and presentation again at Republic.
The legendary photographer and former Nightlife editor at Time Out London – who took the very first reportage of rave – presents classic and unseen images from warehouse parties, superclubs and gone-but-not-forgotten club nights from the 1980s-2000s, and asks: how did London get to be the capital of the clubbing world?
DJs play until midnight.
This talk will take place on the 9th floor of Import at Republic, a new creative campus in East India.
Venue: Republic, 2 Clove Crescent, East India, E14 2BE. Public Transport: East India DLR (one minute walk away).
- Pj Smith Art Director
- Simone Baird Clever Boxer founder
- Cristina Vila Nadal Art Director / Designer
- Lauren Crabbe content creative + writer
- Diane Loren Creative Writer
- MATEI-ALEXANDRU MOCANU Film & Video Director
- akwasi mensa Head Of Events & Artist Management
- Islay Leefe-Griffiths Producer / Production Manager / Production Assistant
- Sophie Howe Marketing, Partnerships & Event Production
- Nicola Acquisto Creative Strategist | Design Manager
- Kristine Kokina Visual Artist
- Helanzi Dreyer Art Director, Stylist, Designer.