Organised by Artichoke
Join us for an inspiring day of talks, debate and discussion exploring approaches to education, creativity and learning as part of the 10th anniversary edition of Lumiere.
Learning Curve: Syllabus for the Future is an all-day professional development event featuring talks by key figures in the arts and education sectors including Andria Zafirakou, 2018 Global Teacher Prize Winner and Sir Nicholas Serota, Chair of Arts Council England. The programme is tailored especially for educators and arts professionals and aims to equip delegates with strategies to nurture creativity and offer the opportunity to network with leading creatives and practitioners in the North East. Book your place now to make new connections and be inspired.
- Panel discussion: Unlocking Children’s Creativity featuring Jacqui O’Hanlon, Director of Education, RSC, Ben Dickenson, Executive Producer, City of Dreams and Jillian Barker, Director of Learning and Participation, Royal Opera House
- Panel discussion: Why we need creativity in learning featuring London-based art teacher, Andria Zafirakou, winner of the 2018 Global Teacher Prize and Helen Marriage, Artichoke Director
- Panel discussion: Listening is the most important part of teaching featuring Toby Ealden, Creative Director Zest Theatre, Kate Clanchy, poet, teacher and writer and Dan Shorten, Director and designer, Guildhall Live Events
- Breakout sessions with experts: Learning Curve Group, Hullabaloo Theatre and Little Inventors
- Keynote speech delivered by Sir Nicholas Serota, Chair of Arts Council England