Organised by Outlandish
Level up your marketing skills and learn accessible, achievable ways to make content that stands out!
About this event
Get ready to build your own personal toolbox of tricks to make marketing fun again!
Bethany will be sharing her tips on how to create consistent, easily accessible, and high quality forms of online engagement. Informed by her experience as a media producer and freelance creative, she will be encouraging you to pinpoint your unique skillsets, and build on your ambitions with ease.
What We Will Do
- We will work on hypothetical briefs so participants can identify how they like researching, where they can find inspiration, and how to make the journey fun.
- Based on their own career focus, each participant will then create a plan to activate content for online marketing based on your strengths, in simple, effective, and manageable ways.
- Through group exercises and sharing, we will collectively explore ways to share your brand/skillset with joy and creativity so you stand out!
What You Will Learn
- How to build your brand identity and step into action to grow community, clients, or an online presence/portfolio.
- From writing to video creation, information sharing to community building, you will be introduced to efficient methods, apps and websites.
Your Workshop Leader
Bethany Burgoyne is founder of The Sassy Show, a multimedia platform promoting femme and non-binary narratives. As a producer and journalist, her DIY approach and endless creativity is something she encourages in every avenue her work takes her in. She is on a mission to help others liberate themselves by tapping into their potential.
SPACE4 is part of Outlandish, a co-op that builds websites and digital tools for social good. We are interested in tech for good, progressive economics, and left-leaning politics. We provide co-working, meeting, and events space, primarily to social enterprises and digital activists. We also organise and host a range of events, workshops, and meetups around these topics.
This workshop is part of an ongoing programme of masterclasses to increase employability in our borough and beyond. We are funded by Islington Council.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch or visit us.
The £5 charge on this event is a deposit that will be refunded if you attend. The reason behind this is to assure bums on the seats as we spend a lot of time prepping for these events and workshops. If you’re unable to pay contact firstname.lastname@example.org for free registration.