Organised by Utopia
This is a paid event. Get 50% off by clicking here
Welcome to the Masculinity in the Workplace conference 2020 'Virtual Edition' which will be taking place on the 19th November in conjunction with International Men's Day.
After the success of the last two events, we have taken up the challenge to truly drive change at a leadership level. For us, leadership is not about the corner office. It’s about doing the right thing. It’s about role modelling change and attracting others to follow suit. We need more courageous leadership right now. From everyone.
Put simply, our current leaders don't always have the insight or skills to lead diverse and inclusive teams. The skillset at the top needs to change. Come along and learn these skills, and be inspired by those showing leadership in 2020.
The conference has been designed and priced to give attendees the choice of joining the whole day OR choosing which sessions they would like to attend. We have divided the day into three sessions. Please see further down for a detailed agenda.
- The Morning (Keynote / Survey Findings / Fireside Chat )
- The Workshops
- The Afternoon (Keynote / Leadership Panel )
The sessions include keynote speakers, panels and workshops where we will explore:
- What we can learn from covid19 about modern leadership
- How people cope and thrive when their version of masculinity is at odds with the dominant version of masculinity
- Why we still see vulnerability as a weakness when it is fundamental to inclusive leadership
- How we can create more empathetic leaders
- How we can build our own cultural intelligence to ensure that workplaces are inclusive
- How traditional constructs around masculinity getting in the way of us being anti-racist
- How we can break down the barriers that make it hard for men to get support
We have a fantastic lineup of speakers including:
- Christian Thor Larsen, Vice President, LEGO retail
- Gareth Thomas, Former professional rugby player, sporting legend and advocate of gay rights
- Grace Tulip, Research Manager, Opinium
- Leendert Den Hollander, Vice President & General Manager, Coca-Cola European Partners
- Nishma Robb, Marketing Director, Google
- Nora Bank, Change Maker, Utopia
- Robyn Wilder, Journalist & Author. Columnist for Huffington Post UK Parents
- Stuart Heritage, Journalist & Author. Previous author of The Guardian's 'Man With a Pram' column
See full agenda and workshop details here
Organised by HeANDShe X Token Man