Organised by Royal Society of Arts
IMPORTANT: Register for the event via this link here
According to the 2020 Women in the Workplace study, 1 in 4 women are considering downshifting their careers or leaving the workforce all together as a direct result of COVID-19.
Navigating your career during a crisis is stressful and isolating. We cannot let women fall behind. Hosted by the RSA’s Gender Equity Network, this Virtual Salon will bring together a distinguished panel to discuss how women can advocate for one another in the workplace.
Join us to discuss:
- How do you navigate your career during a crisis?
- How do you remain visible when you’re working remotely?
- What do you do when you don’t have a mentor?
Our moderator will be:
- Octavia Goredema MBE FRSA is the founder of Twenty Ten Agency, a career coaching company. Octavia’s forthcoming book, a career guide for under-represented women, will be published by Wiley. In addition to her work as a career coach and writer, Octavia is the co-host of HBR Now, Harvard Business Review’s weekly show centered on leadership. Octavia was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire by the Queen. She leads the Gender Equity Network for the RSA in the United States.
Our panelists will be:
- Bianca Chow is a Diversity and Inclusion leader at Ericsson. Prior to pivoting her career to the tech industry, Bianca launched Fossil Group’s inaugural D&I efforts and led initiatives in the areas of Global Operations, Marketing, Brand Management, and Sustainability during her 16+ year tenure at the global retail company. Bianca is a passionate champion for women and girls and supports nonprofits like Dallas Step Up Women’s Network, GenHERation, The Orchid Giving Circle at the Texas Women’s Foundation, and the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas.
- Mabel Frías is a Director of Digital Merchandising and Ecommerce Strategy at Savage x Fenty, Lingerie by Rihanna. An accomplished multilingual digital merchant, Mabel has more than a decade of experience at Fortune 200 companies and high-growth digital startups, including Macy’s, NordstromRack, One Kings Lane and Violet Grey. In her current role, Mabel leads the art direction of model and product photography at Savage X Fenty, Lingerie by Rihanna. In addition, Mabel leverages customer behavior insights to inform the digital roadmap in support of the brand's commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Kacey Short is a Diversity Business Partner at Tinder. An experienced diversity, equity and inclusion advocate, Kacey is Tinder's first and only Diversity Business partner supporting upwards of 600 employees and consulting for their parent company, Match Group. Kacey’s mission is to ensure the workplace is inclusive and strategizes how to empower under-represented tech professionals.