Organised by Creativebrief
Change the narrative, change the ratio: the creative work making a difference today and making an impact tomorrow
There are few more precious opportunities to get under the skin of what makes the most compelling, effective and emotionally powerful creative work than judging awards. Yet for decades in the creative industries this has been largely the preserve of male creative directors. Even as the need for greater diversity has risen up the agenda, tokenism remains a problem for many shows.
The Gerety Awards has successfully bucked this trend with 100% female juries and this lively panel discussion will lift the lid on that experience and the trends and learnings from this year’s shortlisted awards. As well as busting the myths surrounding awards juries it will discuss the need for greater representation.
At 2pm on Wednesday 30th September, you'll be able to watch a behind-the-scenes insight into the 2020 awards. Into what makes the most effective and award-winning work; the creative innovation and the awards that make some of the leading creatives in our industry excited.
Far beyond a panel discussion, this session will also provide you with:
- Tips and insights into making work that matters and makes an impact
- Insight into busting the myths surrounding awards juries and the importance of women and diverse talent being heard and represented in the creative industries
- Discussion of the challenges facing creative women in the midst of the Coronavirus crisis which has had a devastating and disproportionate impact on women in the creative industries
Chaired by Creativebrief Editorial Director, Nicola Kemp, the panel will feature:
- Jo Wallace, Creative Director, Wunderman Thompson
- Shelina Janmohamed, Vice President, Islamic Marketing, Ogilvy
- Nathalie Gordon, Freelance Creative Director
- Loriley Sessions, Creative, New Commercial Arts
- Polina Zabrodskaya, Creative Director, AMV BBDO
Head to the above link on Wednesday 30th September at 2pm, or register for updates here.