Organised by The Photography Foundation
TPF TALKS: A space for the next gen of photographers to learn, collaborate & ask questions.
About this event
TPF TALKS is a platform to amplify under-represented voices & professionals working in the industry to encourage the next generation of photographers and creatives to be part of the conversation & build their networks.
For this talk we're excited to be joined by Francis Augusto. Born in Angola, Francis Augusto is a London-based artist. He moved to London at six with his mother and older brother as asylum seekers from the civil war. Inspired by his upbringing and sociology degree, Francis' practice takes an observational method of image-making, candidly chronicling facets of everyday life. He captures the moments that make us human.
His works primarily centre on the themes of interaction, mundanity, and joy while adopting an ethnographic approach. Francis looks to invite the viewer into the scene, creating an intimate familiarity with the people, place, or story captured. This approach is easily identifiable in the intimacy of his artworks and commercial work.
Event & ticket information
- The door and bar will open at 6.30pm - the talk will begin at 7pm and finish by 8pm
- We will be selling zines and accepting donations all night so please do support us if you can.
- Please respect each other and the TPF team during our events. We reserve the right to refuse entry at our discretion
- There is a flight of stairs down into the gallery space and no lift access at this venue.
If you have any accessibility requirements or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to help.
At our talks you can expect:
- A creative sharing their work and career journey - followed by an audience Q&A!
- Space to network & connect with other photographers and creatives
- An opportunity to speak to staff & trainees about our Training Programme
This event is in proud partnership with Photobook Cafe - a community cafe & photo book library based in Shoreditch. Established in 2019, PBC was built on a passion for photographic photo books and traditional darkroom practice, as well as a love of food and drink.
The Photography Foundation was created to provide pathways to professional photography for less advantaged young adults in London by offering education, practical experience, and routes to a career in the creative industries.