- The Store X, 180 Strand, Temple, London WC2R 1EA, UK
Organised by Dazed Media
Free entry. Click RSVP to register your interest in attending.
No ticket needed – just bring yourself (you may need to queue during busy periods).
Open now until 8th December
The Store X Vinyl Factory – 180 The Strand, London, WC2R 1EA
12.00 – 19.00 Tuesday – Saturday 12.00 – 18.00 Sunday
Jefferson Hack curates an art exhibition envisioning future worlds, featuring works by Doug Aitken, Korakrit Arunanondchai, Jenn Nkiru, Lawrence Lek and Harley Weir, among others. Jefferson Hack, best known as the founder of Dazed, has curated an exhibition of both established and emerging artists from across the world, bringing together a selection of multi-disciplinary creators using their practices to imagine future worlds. Transformer explores issues of identity, representation, and self-image while considering how building alliances and connections can enact positive change in society. The title of the exhibition takes inspiration from Lawrence Ferlinghetti’s rousing poem “I Am Waiting” – a searing, emotional social commentary on the problems facing American society and the need for a change of consciousness, or the “rebirth of wonder”. Transformer features newly commissioned and debut works by Doug Aitken, Korakrit Arunanondchai, Sophia Al-Maria & Victoria Sin, Donna Huanca, Juliana Huxtable, Evan Ifekoya, Dozie Kanu, Quentin Lacombe, Lawrence Lek, Jenn Nkiru, Chen Wei, Harley Weir & George Rouy. The exhibition is accompanied by Alchemical Realms, a programme of talks, performances, and workshops featuring the likes of Chaos Magic, Leah Clements and Sophie Hoyle. Transformer is set to provoke important questions of identity and image through its impressive host of works by emerging new artists.
Image by Jenn Nkiru
- Brendan McKnight Head of Content & Community
- Justin Akomiah Creative Director
- Natalie Worgs Girls about Peckham Mother and Founder & Fashion Facilitator
- Nova Dando Video. Photo. Creative
- Shingi Rice Fashion Photographer, Stylist and Creative Director.
- Jacob Hodgkinson Art Director & Photographer
- Maria Sagun Graphic Designer
- Anna Lascsik http://lascsik.net & https://www.instagram.com/4nna_dor4/
- Jameela Elfaki Art Director, Photographer, Founding Editor
- Cherish Oteka Producer/Director
- Yiit Gunel Photographer / Aspiring Filmmaker
- Raphael Boamah-Asare Cinematographer