- Rendezvous, Margate CT9 1HG, UK
Organised by TATE
Open Monday – Friday 11.00 – 18.00
Saturday & Sunday – 10.00 – 18.00
One of the best-known prizes for visual arts in the world, Turner Prize 2019 is exhibiting at the Turner Contemporary, Margate.
The Turner Prize is awarded annually to an artist born, living or working in Britain, for an outstanding exhibition or public presentation of their work anywhere in the world in the previous year.
The four shortlisted artists for the Turner Prize 2019 are:
Lawrence Abu Hamdan
It is the first time that the venue for the Turner Prize, which has been staged outside of London every other year since 2011, has had a direct connection with JMW Turner.
Turner Contemporary stands on the site of artist’s lodging house and enjoys views of the skies that Turner felt were ‘the loveliest in all Europe’. Find out more by visiting Turner Contemporary’s website.
The members of the Turner Prize 2019 jury are:
- Alessio Antoniolli, Director, Gasworks & Triangle Network
- Elvira Dyangani Ose, Director of the Showroom Gallery, London
- Victoria Pomery, Director, Turner Contemporary, Margate
- Charlie Porter, writer
The jury is chaired by Alex Farquharson, Director of Tate Britain.
- Maria Sagun Graphic Designer
- Yiit Gunel Photographer / Aspiring Filmmaker
- Erea Ferreiro Creative Hybrid
- karine fortier Graphic Designer & Illustrator
- James Childs Events Manager
- i- kat Creative Graphic & Motion Designer
- Sinead McGeechan Illustrator
- Jessica Njoo Creative / Designer
- Emmanuel Ogabi Creative Director / UI UX Designer / Art Director
- Vitor Meuren Designer
- Annie Ly Partnerships Manager
- Cathy Wang Community and Administration Intern