Organised by Creative Mentor Network
IMPORTANT: Register for the event via this link here
A workshop for anyone working or interested in working in the music industry
About this Event
Workshop: From Here to There, The Artist's Journey
Presented by Marc Brown, founder of Byta
Creative Mentor Network presents an evening workshop for anyone working in or interested in working in the music industry. Hosted by Marc Brown, founder of music sharing platform Byta. Marc will share valuable insights from his 25+ years of working in the music industry - there will also be time for questions and advice. We look forward to seeing you there!
Part 1: Introductions
* Marc Brown: 25+ years in the music industry & the creation of Byta
* Introductions from participants
Part 2: The Journey
* ‘Here’ & ‘There’
* Connecting the dots & building your team: ‘The People Puzzle’
* Artist & industry timelines
* The Playlist ‘Myth’
* Dry Streams Paradox
* Algorithms & #HowWeListen insights
Part 3: The digital landscape
* Best practices of sending & receiving music
* Digital distribution
* Byta’s BETA Program
Part 4: Forum
* Open discussion: you and your journey as an artist or in the music industry
* Where do you want to go?
* Who do you need help from to succeed?
* What can you do yourself?