StudioXAG are looking for an experienced and confident 3D Designer to join our team in East London.
StudioXAG specialise in art direction, design and fabrication for retail environments. With projects ranging from show-stopping bespoke installations and pop-up shops to global window roll-outs, we take pride in executing all of our work to the highest standard.
Our suitable candidate would be joining a medium-sized team in a challenging, exciting and creative environment. They will have the opportunity to work with great brands on interesting projects, be involved in all levels of the process from research to production and implementation and see their work ‘go live’ within a very short space of time.
The role will be heavily creative; however it is essential that the candidate has a good understanding of manufacturing techniques and materials, along with a technical knowledge of how things are made.
Responsibilities would include:
· Producing initial concept mock-ups and visualisations
· Detailed design development work
· Producing final visualisations using Google SketchUp & Adobe Creative Suite
· Collaborating with internal technical team, project managers and production team to deliver fully resolved designs
Our ideal Designer must have:
· A minimum of 3 years previous 3D design experience in a design studio, ideally in a retail design agency/visual merchandising department (in-house or agency)
· A keen creative eye, with the skills to generate storytelling concepts to help reinforce brand messages/sell specific products. To understand and distinguish a brand’s core message, in order to fully interpret briefs and deliverables
· An understanding of marketing strategies to create hype around pop-up spaces, along with knowledge of social media activations and the integration of digital/virtual reality
· Expert knowledge of SketchUp & Adobe Creative Suite
· An active interest in all areas of design, with an understanding of fashion and lifestyle brands
· The ability to produce quick, high quality work
· An excellent understanding of fabrication and assembly processes, and a range of materials
· Excellent time management and communication skills
Salary: Dependant on experience (28-38k)
This is a full-time position with immediate start, based at our studios in East London.