About the AOI
The Association of Illustrators (AOI) is a small not for profit membership organisation with an energetic staff of 6. We support our members in all areas of professional life, responding to a busy helpline, producing events and developing resources. We also present the World Illustration Awards, publish Varoom and undertake campaigning for a thriving industry. We have a membership of around 1900 illustrators, agents, colleges and universities.
About the role
We have a really busy summer coming up with our new website due to go live, the World Illustration Awards exhibition at Somerset House and the next publication of Varoom coming out. Alongside this our membership manager will be taking the AOI to the Seoul Illustration Fair. We are looking for an Member and Communications Assistant who can help us out during this busy time. The assistant will be a key member of the team, supporting with the development of issue 36 of Varoom, and ensuring the smooth running of Membership Services. This is a freelance position for 20 days.
The role will be required for 21 days from 24th July – 29th September.
Some days are mandatory and others can be mutually agreed.
There is a fee of £1890 estimated at £90 per day. This is a freelance role.
Mandatory days: July: 24,26,28,31 and August: 2,4,8 Thereafter: 14 August - 29 September 2 days per week to be mutually agreed. (14 days)
- To liaise directly with potential Members about joining the AOI and existing Members about renewing their Membership through phone, email and occasional events - To ensure that the AOI Membership database is kept up to date in regard to Membership renewals, applications, resignations and any information pertinent to the Membership Department - To communicate efficiently with members about renewals and wider changes with the website - To despatch any outgoing Membership communications, orders and invoices. - To liaise with our Accounts Department to ensure correct and timely information flow.
- To maintain records of contributors, editorial team, and other contacts relating to the production of the magazine - To proof read publications content - To assist with the sourcing of images and clearance of copyright as required - To support the distribution of the publications
- To collate images and draft copy for Newsletters and Social Media. - To work with the Manager on any press and marketing campaigns and ensure the provision of information, copy and images as required. - To source and update listings/reviews sections and websites of the AOI website - Supporting the launch of Varoom
- To ensure the smooth running of the office and provide support for other staff members as required. - To respond to general enquires wherever possible. - To act at all times in a way befitting a representative of the AOI and its objectives and standards of organisation when fulfilling the duties of the position.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. - Excellent attention to detail. - Familiar with excel, word, CRM and databases (specifics can be taught) - Well-organised and good at prioritising tasks with a can do attitude. - Confident in drafting copy and images for Social Media, Newsletters (Mailchimp) and press.
- Experience of working in an administrative environment. - An interest and commitment to the work of the Association of Illustrators. - Knowledge of illustration and the creative industries.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV and 1 page covering letter by Friday 2 June to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be on Tuesday 20 June at Somerset House in London.