Location: Duke Street, St James's, London
Duration: In advance of and during Frieze Art Fair London 2023: 2nd - 15th October, 10am - 6pm daily, with possible extension of hours during the art fair of 11-14th October.
We are seeking a dynamic, responsible and pragmatic associate to join ourArt Advisory, based in our showroom in St James’s, for a solo presentation of an artist during Frieze London. This unique opportunity offers valuable exposure to the art world, presenting to industry professionals, and the chance to contribute to the development of a tight-knit, highly-regarded, cross-border art consultancy established in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai. Our art advisory has contributed to art collections for some of the world’s largest multi-nationals and project managed exhibitions for some of the UK's oldest institutions and cultural bodies, including The V&A, The British Council and Oxford University, to the newest museums in China, including the CAFAM, MAP and Fosun Art Centre.
• Familiarisation with the recent publication on the exhibited artist, his background and practice
• Develop marketing materials and network with media and PR agencies in advance of Frieze
• Engage with collectors, curators and museum directors to spread the word of the exhibit
• Communicate effectively with clients, providing insights and answering questions about the artwork;
• Assist in coordinating and facilitating conversations between collectors, curators and your colleagues
• Welcome our established clients and develop new relationships for the company.
• Provide information on the exhibited artwork including reference to a new publication on the artist; • Take contact information in a visitors book and on the company mobile;
• Ensure the safe-keeping and security of the exhibited art pieces;
• Maintain a welcoming and professional atmosphere at all times.
3. Space Prep and Art Handling:
• Assist with the installation and de-installation of artwork, handling artwork with care and following
• Prepare printed materials including artist’s bio, wall captions, and position art reference books
• Prepare simple drinks for guests
• Currently enrolled in or recently completed a relevant degree programme in Business or the Humanities; • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Can work independently and with a team that is partly remote
• Strong passion for contemporary art and a solid grasp of art history;
• Professional demeanor and the ability to represent the art space in a positive manner;
• Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining the highest standards of care for exhibited
• Candidates with working experience are preferred.
This internship offers a valuable opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in the art industry. You will gain hands-on experience, work with highly professional art experts from Australasia in one of London's most prestigious art districts.
The internship is not paid, but an allowance for transport and meals is provided. References will be provided upon completion of the successful internship.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter outlining your qualifications and enthusiasm for the role, and any relevant references to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th Sep.