At New Look we all stand by our brand values; keep it simple, be brave, think customer, act with pace and take responsibility- That’s the New Look way!
In 1969 New Look contributed to fast fashion and things are about to get even faster. We’re a team united with a clear purpose – to be the most loved and trusted high street retailer and bring some much needed fun back to the high street.
Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too!
Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion.
At New Look we spend our days working to improve the way we do business , our only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
Does that sound like you?
An exciting new role, responsible for creating new on trend packaging concepts from initial ideas to production for our gifting ranges. This role involves contributing innovative graphic concepts across lifestyle and home ranges incorporating key future trends and taking responsibility for the graphics direction on these ranges.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with a love for design, an open can do attitude and a team player to join our positive and friendly lifestyle team.
Day to day you will be doing the following:
• To assist the designer in the creation of new graphic concepts across queue barrier and home product, this includes technology (phone/ ipad and laptop accessories) key rings, bottles, beauty accessories, stationery and novelty gifting.
• Create high spec packaging concepts for gifting ranges in line with the New Look lifestyle product handwriting
• Researching and identifying exciting lifestyle trends, product trends, graphic and packaging trends and colour trends.
• Identifying new product opportunities
• Working with the department design team and design teams in womenswear and brands to share and strengthen graphic direction as a total business.
• Providing input to the product strategy for the lifestyle department.
• Assist in the production of trend packs and sourcing packs for each range period.
• Assisting the designer to achieve strategic objectives for our lifestyle and home divisions.
• Identifying and delivering detailed trend reports from trade fairs.
• Completing and reporting back on NL store visits and competitor shops
• Supporting with trend research using websites, ecommerce sites, lifestyle blogs and social media
• Contributing ideas in design team discussions.
• PC / Mac literate - Photoshop, Illustrator, Word
• Trend Aware
• Understanding of technical printing techniques and factory ready cutter guides.
• Understanding of how to translate fashion trends into commercial product opportunities
• Print and Pattern design experience would be useful.
• Knowledge of working to critical path (buying calendar)
At New Look we take pride in career progression, offering internal promotions to candidates who are ready to step up the career ladder. We also offer everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
Come join us and see it for yourself. You have to experience it to truly believe it.
We know that job descriptions do not always let your unique work history show- if you do not meet all of our requirements but you still think you’d be a great fit for this role… apply anyway!