As part of our next stage of growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, personable and committed individual to join us as an Assitant House Manager at Fish Island Village.
• Day-to-day front of house support for the space, requests and enquiries from members re: facilities incl. managing shared kitchen stock and set-up
• First point of contact for resident businesses, visitors and guests; be the friendly face of the members
• Build relationships with the community ensuring members love where they work
• Resolving any facilities problems with support from the House Manager, other team members and or contractors
• Opening up and closing down of the space
• Health and safety officer
• Fire marshal and first aider
• Overseeing cleaners and all other contractors involved with the operation of the business
• Getting new community members signed up and showing prospective members the space
• Arranging building access for new members and external guests
• Management of meeting room/event space booking
• Events support; coordinating the booking and production of smaller external and member events and meetings including set-up of rooms, making and serving refreshments, ordering stock from suppliers and liaising with clients when necessary
• Develop the community in the space, connecting people
• Lead, coordinate and curate regular social events
• Represent The Trampery at relevant events
• Build database of contacts across industries, members
• Communications; assisting with management of social media content and uploading content to blog/website with support from Head of Communications
We are looking for someone who:
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player who takes direction well and uses own initiative
• Organised with good attention to detail
• Enthusiastic and proactive with a positive attitude
• Experience in front of house and administration duties
• Knowledge and experience of social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram & Facebook
Please send applications with covering letter and CV.
About The Trampery
The Trampery is a London-based specialist in workspace, housing and neighbourhoods for creative businesses and entrepreneurs. It’s constituted as a social enterprise with all profits to support its community. Since its inception eight years ago founding Tech City’s first startup workspace, The Trampery has cultivated an ecosystem of eight acclaimed shared workspaces and sector-focused facilities across London. More than 500 entrepreneurs, innovators and creative businesses have called The Trampery home.
About The Trampery Fish Island Village
The Trampery Fish Island Village is Europe’s largest dedicated campus for emerging fashion businesses. The project aims to bring together London’s hottest fashion businesses, ranging from luxury labels to disruptive software platforms, and provide everything needed to help them grow. The campus comprises 11 buildings over 6 acres, running alongside the canal in Hackney Wick, East London. The site’s 50,000 square feet of space will include high-spec studios, a fully-equipped sampling suite, a co-working facility, a members lounge plus venues for sample sales and catwalk shows. A range of on-site business support and advisory services will be available free of charge to business, made possible by funding from the London Legacy Development Corporation.
This role is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The Trampery is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexuality, religion or background. The Trampery is a social enterprise. All profit is reinvested to increase our support for entrepreneurs.