As an experienced Assistant Merchandiser with a background in fashion retail, you will support the team to maximise sales opportunity and profitability, by using your commercial skills to ensure accurate stock levels and cover. Providing the Team with daily figure analysis, future sales and range planning, as well as working closely with the Buying team delivering the Critical Path will ensure your and the departments' success.
So, what would you be doing?...
* Supports with Trade, reviewing department performance and respond to trading patterns, highlighting risks and opportunities to the merchandiser.
* Conduct weekly Line Print meetings with MAA and Channel team. Suggest and agree on actions with Merchandiser prior to meeting and feedback any comments after the meeting.
* Under merchandiser's guidance review all aspects of your categories’ WSSIs, forecasting sales & profit based on current trend and managing terminal stocks. Highlighting sales, profit and stock risks and opportunities.
* Manages line cards with MAA support, ensuring full availability of continuity lines, make suggestions of re-orders to merchandiser and highlighting any stock risks.
* Supports strategy / buy planning by pulling lessons learnt and analysing data. Contributes to the buying and sign off process.
* Attend and contribute to weekly critical path meetings. Feedback to Merchandiser & management and seeks to resolve issues.
* Supports MAA with intake management and is solution orientated when dealing with suppliers and ensures critical dates are met. Solving problems under Merchandiser guidance.
* Plan and prepare size breakdowns and sizing grid. Review and sign off with Merchandiser before sending to suppliers.
* Build relationships with internal and external partners including buying, wholesale, warehouse, VM and channel.
* Assist in the training and development as well as support the Merchandising Admin Assistant in the day to day running of the department.
You need to be this kind of person…
* Able to make it happen and push boundaries in a fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment
* Care about doing a great job and empower others with the quality of what you do
* An amazing stakeholder manager and relationship builder, who Leads by example, inspiring individuals & teams to do their best
* An authentic ambassador you champion & demonstrate our people values at all times.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this role you will need to have
* Previous experience at Assistant Merchandiser level or similar -preferably within a fashion retailer
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
* Strong commercial awareness and the ability to react appropriately to in-season trading.
* Intermediate / Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, vlookups)
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.