The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful. We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
Reporting into the Group Beauty Director this role is to work across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima, writing quality beauty content for all three brands and providing administrative support to the Lifestyle Group Beauty Hub. You may also be asked to deliver a limited amount of beauty content into the Homes portfolio specifically for use in Country Living.
• Generate fresh ideas for Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima
• Write beauty features to deadline as per workflow decided by Group Beauty Director (GBD) and contribute to online as needed
• Call in products and PR shots as required
• Organise/help organise and attend beauty shoots as required
• To support the beauty hub with research as required
• To be responsible for financial admin in the department
• Represent all three brands at beauty launches and events
• To update the beauty calendar and keep abreast of beauty industry news, trends etc by monitoring websites, blogs, Instagram and newspapers and updating the team
• To ensure the beauty cupboard and filing system is up to date and maintained in an organised fashion
• Take part in beauty events when required (this may include occasional evenings and weekends)
• Demonstrable experience as a Beauty Assistant or Beauty Writer from a commercial magazine environment and passion for the subject
• Passion, enthusiasm and understanding of all titles in the Lifestyle Group
• Good writing and visual skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Team player with a can-do attitude
• Capable of being an ambassador for the brands on external appointments
Along with your CV we would like you to submit a short story for a beauty news page for a spring issue for two of the following: Good Housekeeping, Prima or Red. Each should be no longer than 150 words each.