Job title: Business Development Manager
Hours: 32 hours per week (over 4 days)
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 per annum (pro-rata)
At YUAF we’re passionate about helping young people, go places. It’s our thing.
We are a small core team of creative, dynamic and talented individuals who are shaking up the industry by creating opportunities for disadvantaged young people to learn music performance and production skills, whilst addressing issues such as mental health and wellbeing. We’re committed to creating safe and engaging spaces for young people, away from the streets, where they can break free from the fears and barriers they face and develop into creatives of the future.
Our activities bring innovative and creative workshops right to the doorstep of some of the most deprived neighborhoods in London via our Outreach Media Bus, a single decker bus converted into a fully equipped, multi-media studio, and via our outreach services in schools, youth clubs and community centers across London.
We love what we do and need the right people to help us fulfill our vision, people who are full of ideas, not afraid to stand out from the pack and have an extra spring in their step.
We’re still a relatively small core team here at YUAF and we are looking to make our next key hire and are looking for the right person to help us develop and grow our charity.
This is a thrilling new role that really offers the opportunity to really get to know and understand our funders and partner portfolio and seek to increase revenue through exciting new corporate partnerships, sponsors and funding streams. You will work closely with the internal team to identify new areas, services and offerings as well as building key relationship s externally with organisations and brands that are the right fit for our charity.
· Build relationships with key influencers and decision makers, identifying business leads, building professional relationships and networking
· Win and generate revenue by closing contracts with corporate clients and brands securing sponsorship, funding and donations to helps us grow and deliver more and more amazing projects
· Research and identify opportunities to increase corporate support of YUAF as a “Charity of Choice”
· Grow and retain existing clients offering new solutions and services to support their CSR activities
· Identify and retain Brand Partners and build collaborative relationships
· Keep an up to date CRM system to record all interactions and developments and to report upwards
· Supporting internal teams and our bid writers with small grant proposals, and reporting to funders
· Overseeing the recruitment of corporate volunteers
· Working alongside the operational team to design programmes in line with the aims and objectives of the funders/sponsors
· Contributing to the overall effective management of the charity in relation to operations, budgets, customer service and people management.
1. Strong and demonstratable experience in the area of business development and relationship management
2. Tenacity – you will be confident and savvy in navigating through any barriers to connect with key decisions makers from executives to sales and support staff
3. There is not script to follow you will have genuine and insightful conversations to potential corporate partners up selling YUAF’s services and build pivotal relationships
4. To be a self-starter, you will be confident and an independent worker as well as outgoing and able to get along with the rest of the team
5. To be someone who has demonstrable experience of securing partnership deals with big brands specifically in an arts or charity role and und understanding of Charity of Choice.
6. Interested in the urban music industry and charity sector
7. Interested in youth culture, and have insight into the challenges facing young people in London and beyond
8. To work with integrity and big picture thinking protecting YUAF’s reputation yet widening opportunities to create unique partnerships
9. Be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate thought leadership both verbally and in writing to groups and individuals
10. Meticulous thinking and attentive mindset with strong commercial awareness and the ability and creativity to align arts and youth culture with corporate policies to deliver our targets
11. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM would be advantageous
Do you like the sound of an unconventional career in a charity that gives you the freedom to work autonomously and challenge the norm? If so, we’ll give you every opportunity to take ownership of all you do, bring new ideas to the table and have a great time doing so. You’ll also get a 4-day working week and flexibility to work from home.
Please send your CV and and cover letter by Friday 13th September 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL POSITIONS WITHIN YUAF ARE SUBJECT TO 2 SATISFACTORY REFERENCES, AN ENHANCED DBS CHECK AND COMPLETION OF SAFEGUARDING TRAINING.