Camera Trainee - Kickstart Scheme
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR KICKSTART SCHEME JOB
Be between 18-24 years in the UK. Must currently be on out of work and claiming Universal Credit
25 hours or 3 days a week for a 6-month contract
Remote Work - company is London based but candidate can work from anywhere in the UK.
Domino Effect is delighted to offer a part-time camera trainee position as part of the government’s Kickstart Scheme. Domino Effect is an independent London-based creative music business consultancy that is focused on developing sales opportunities for new and innovative projects.
Your job as a camera trainee is to help our team with various tasks on video documentaries or any other video project we maybe involved in.
You’ll usually work under instruction from the director of photography or the overall director. You might be one of a team of camera operators, or you might be the only camera operator on the project.
Some day-to-day job responsibilities include:
• Setting up camera equipment
• Experience using Canon cameras would be useful especially Canon C100, C300, C70, 5Dmark4 & 3
• Having an eye and the ability to choose which lenses to use
• Choosing the best camera angles
• Planning and rehearsing shots with Director and DOP
• Working to a camera script
• Keeping up with technological trends in the world of filmmaking
• Carrying out instructions quickly and accurately
• Working closely with our teams Director of Photography and Creative Director
• Staying calm under pressure (you might have deadlines to meet, or long filming days)
• Good levels of stamina (camera equipment/tripods can be heavy, and you may be on your feet for ten-hour working days)
• Develpoing technical skills
• Keeping an eye on competitions for short indie films / documentaries. If we have worked on a project, see if it can be entered into the competition.
We will help you build these skills over the 6 months.