AllBright is looking for a designer to join our content team to work on newly-imagined digital editorial offering as well as on our other social channels and website, creating engaging, beautiful and relevant visual stories.
AllBright’s editorial team are at the heart of championing and facilitating the brand’s mission to empower, encourage and equip women to be able to get to the top of their professional ladders. We create content online – on site and on social channels, a podcast, cultural programming in our clubs, emails as well as our print magazine. This designer role will be instrumental in driving and creating best in class visual design and storytelling across AllBright’s content.
Reporting to the Chief Creative and Content Officer, the designer will exude a creative vision and strong point of view, working collaboratively with the content and wider design team, concepting the best ideas to delivering top-notch execution. The designer will roll up their sleeves, function independently in a fast-paced environment and constantly test, optimise and elevate the work created.
The designer will work across numerous different points including, but not limited to, digital editorial visuals, social visuals, programming visuals and collateral, social-first advertising for brand, brand partnership execution and asset creation, new content franchise logos and some marketing executions. We are looking for a designer who is skilled and au fait with numerous creative disciplines including graphic design, illustration (whether you can do it yourself, or have a great little black book of illustrators to commission), animation, collage, photo, video and GIF’s.
The designer will use AllBright’s content management system, resize assets, upload assets as well as archive and load visual editorial work into the internal Digital Asset Management system.
Critically, to be successful in this role, the designer will need to be a team player, have a creative vision, be passionate and proud of the work and content delivered at each stage of the process: from concept to execution. The designer will need to have endless ideas and positivity, a can-do attitude and believe that there is a creative solution for every problem thrown their way.
● You are the day-to-day designer across all content channels, working alongside the content and creative teams.
● You always keep an eye on new trends, new technologies, new formats, updates on social channels and audience evolution to inspire and be inspired in your everyday design work.
● You will be responsible for using visual language to bolster the written content online as well as instagram and other social content.
● You will be responsible for working with the social and digital marketing teams to take insights, data and learnings and apply this into the visual assets.
● You will be asked to update the main AllBright webpages with artwork, when appropriate.
● You will work with the CRM team to help sourcing and creating visual assets for email marketing.
● You will be responsible for the evolution of the visual language across channels, aligning to the new visual brand identity
● You will work simultaneously on numerous streams of work, ensuring each is executed with equal care and creativity.
● You will create and manage the creative freelance talent database, commissioning talent to create assets for AllBright – including illustration and photography.
● You will be responsible for creating a stock asset library for evergreen content
● You will oversee the execution (under the guidance of the CD) of the small, medium to large, design projects for brand partners with an eye on unity and best in class aesthetic and storytelling.
● You will create visuals for digital marketing campaigns (specifically social)
● You collaborate with editorial, social, marketing, CRM, sales, club/ operation teams and digital teams to drive campaigns, processes and workflows to success.
● You are a positive person, you are motivated and passionate about the work you do. You can think in the box and out of the box.
● Understand in-flight optimisation of content, always testing, learning and improving the designs delivered
● At least 3-4 years of experience in an established media publication, advertising or branding agency, or in-house brand working across graphic design and/or print/digital production.
● A strong balance of identity, typography, layout, illustration and animation design skills.
● A multi-faceted visual background and the ability to ‘get’ AllBright’s aesthetic and art direction and be able to integrate this into all visuals.
● Already have some knowledge of animation to give the assets created some movement (GIF creation).
● Impeccable taste across all facets of design.
● Strong, open, and positive communication style.
● A solutions-oriented mentality.