We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
Data Technology and Analytics are responsible for a variety of enterprise technologies and people that are integral to Sky's Information Systems.
We lead the way in many areas of technology, from delivering daily business critical corporate reports, to providing an elite data science and analytics platform for hundreds of users providing key insights on Sky's customers, products and viewing content. Delivering solutions for new products and initiatives is what we do, every single day. We then support these solutions for their lifetime in Sky, to an impeccably high standard 24 hours a day 365 days of the year.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you would be joining a dynamic, highly motivated technology team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your primary role will be to lead teams in the on-going development or testing of data applications, data pipelines and processes.
- Effective management of the Data Engineering teams
- People Management following personal development plans
- Manage and track throughput of work and quality
- Supporting and deputising for the Senior Data Engineering manager when required
- Contribute to and drive best practice data engineering and testing standards
- Hands on support of team in their deliveries
- Growing and supporting our talent and succession plans
- Passion for and proven history of leading technology professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of Data Warehousing best practice and principles
- Focus on quality, efficiency and driving defect free solutions
- Adaptable to change, open to new ideas, and the ability to take on new responsibilities
- The ability to make judgement calls on complex issues
- Not essential, but would be a huge benefit if you have cloud experience, preferably GCP
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about