We at Hearst Live passionately believe in the power of live experiences in our audience's lives.
Having seen significant growth across this sector for Hearst and Hearst Live we are looking to recruit passionate industry leading professionals from the social media, PR, digital and experiential sector who will be part of a growing team within a leading global media company.
By bringing to life our brands we strive to create live experiences that enable, inspire and excite our valued audiences and clients so they can deeply engage with the Hearst brands and audiences.
Hearst Live is the award-winning live events division of Hearst UK. Creating live experiences for our iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Country Living.
Playing an integral part within the Hearst Live team, you will ensure that we maintain and develop the highest quality work in order to create award-winning, industry leading live experiences for our audiences and clients. The role requires a high level of collaboration, communication and team work as well as creative flair.
• Leading creative design development for Hearst Live events and experiences
• Line manage individual design team members including career development, resource planning, and supporting on projects
• Managing design and workflow for Hearst events and design team members
• Managing all design work produced by the design delivery team, and approve artwork and proofs for production ensuring all artwork adheres to the style guides, maintains consistency and is fit for purpose
• Manage the retrieval of information from the Hearst Live team, editorial teams and liaising with parties who have client involvement to collate necessary assets for the task
• Collaborating and negotiating with editorial and marketing teams to ensure that all relevant information is received, and deadlines are met
• Design of presentations for brand event sponsorship pitches
• Designing print material and collateral for current projects
• Develop designs for websites, social assets and other digital formats where necessary
• Ensure brand consistency is maintained across all Hearst brands, events and experiences. Communicating this with the wider team and freelance support
• Creative development of new work including look and feel, brand language and style guides for both Hearst brand events and White Label
Internal Communications and Collaboration:
• Mentor junior members of the team and helping to develop their skills
• Working closely with the Operations Team to help deliver design and creative to the highest possible standards
• Attend and facilitate brainstorms
• Briefing in requirements to freelancers and artworkers with clear and concise instructions
• Develop a strong supplier and contact list with a focus on graphic treatments and technology
• Develop wider relationships amongst both commercial and editorial teams within Hearst
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Confidence and passion when articulating creative work
• Skilled in Adobe CC, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
• Excellent knowledge of print and artworking processes
• Ability to quickly visualize ideas and concepts
• Ability to follow, interpret and build upon brand guidelines
• Proven ability to meet fast-paced deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
• A creative thinker with a natural design flair
• A proactive and can-do attitude
• A team player who is happy to help and support across current and ongoing projects as well as contribute to new business opportunities and proposals.
• Enthusiastic and driven individual who is passionate about design, events and live experiences
• Openness to share and discuss thoughts on Hearst Live work as well as competitor activations
• Must be up to date on the latest work, trends and designs in events, experiential, retail, visual merchandising and fashion
• Willingness to develop, progress and learn new disciplines that will benefit both Hearst Live and the Creative Team.