This is a remarkable opportunity to play a key part in the growth of a unique Creative Agency, InHouse.
We are a diverse business that is committed to raising the profile and amplifying the voices of black and ethnic minority creatives.
For the role of Freelance Design Team Lead, we are looking for a collective of highly proactive, innovative, motivated team leaders to join our creative department. Working on a freelance basis this is a great opportunity for a forward-thinking individual to inspire their design team with effective design solutions and strategies as well as provide design direction and interpretation for client projects.
We are particularly wanting to connect with people who have had similar creative experiences working in design management roles or a senior designer pursuing the opportunity to transition into a leadership role and as a business, we are committed to building a collective of experienced designers from black and ethnic minority
To become part of the Inhouse team you will be:
· From either a Black or ethnic minority background
· A Design lead in either Men’s, Women’s or Childrenswear
· Provide the creative direction for projects in alignment with the client’s requirements and expectations.
· Mentor and inspire the design team with clear reference points in terms of understanding product storytelling, design and construction.
Oversee a direct team of designers, leading, mentoring and taking accountability for their output - the role is a balance of leading and designing, whilst ensuring design team meets all its project critical path deadlines in this
Effectively interpret, understand and delegate aspects of client projects to the right designers within your team.
You will ensure that the creative and strategic vision of each client project is implemented by providing high-level guidance to the team and directing the design process.
Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the markets that we cover, supplier bases and clients.
You will create structure and processes for the design team, managing the workflow and workload of the team while working on live projects as well as allocating resources and support where needed.
Foster collaborative working relationships across design, branding and product development teams within the business.
Build insights into new relevant and compelling products strategies that inspire our design community.
Ensure consistent high-quality standards within the design team
· Promote and support diversity, inclusion and wellbeing policies and initiatives throughout the virtual office
InHouse is a remotely structured business, so communication is key, the successful applicant will possess a high level of communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and strategies to the Leadership team and the personal communication and persuasion skills to excite a global audience.
· You will have a proven background in either Men’s, Women’s or Childrenswear with at least 10 years of industry experience.
· Proficient in all Microsoft packages and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
· An up to date commercial portfolio
You will be global in your attitude and be able to look at different markets (UK, USA, Europe) and influence the design handwriting accordingly.