Sarabande Foundation was established in 2007 by Lee Alexander McQueen, as a way of ‘giving back’.
From our East London converted grade 2 listed Victorian warehouse off Regents canal, we support creatives from many disciplines through our sponsorship programme at various art and fashion schools, our artist’s studios and the multitude of inspirational and practical events held in our gallery.
The Role: Development Partnerships manager.
- Sarabande is looking for someone to lead the development and sponsorship strategy for the foundation.
- Establishing long term partnerships and introducing private donors and patron support to help us achieve our financial targets.
- Working within a small but passionate team this person will oversee key partnerships of the foundation.
- You should have high level connections in the art and fashion community, both internationally and domestically.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Help Sarabande achieve its annual sponsorship budgets, across various revenue streams, patron support, like minded partnerships and event / talk sponsorship
- Approach appropriate companies, aligned with, and able to support the foundations activities,
- Oversee contracts and agreements.
- Act as the main contact for day to day relationships ensuring sponsors requirements are being met.
- Communicate clearly with the team on the sponsors requirements, ensuring all collateral is delivered on time and in a professional manner to all partners
- Attend and assist in managing Sarabande events.
- Responsible for the experience of any patrons and partners at our events.
- Assist with the programme of events, identifying key speakers, support and targeted guest lists and outreach.
- Reporting on Sarabande’s activities and projects to Trustees and patrons, and partnerships.
- Positively communicating the work of the foundation to the arts and design community.
Experience and key attributes
- Candidates should have some experience in working in either development, marketing or senior account management role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident, energetic and enthusiastic
- Disciplined and well organised.
- Good ability to manage budgets, financially savvy.
- Passionate about the arts, and interested in different disciplines.
- Ability to work within a small dedicated team, as well as be self-motivated and manage your own responsibilities.