Role: Digital Communications Officer
Contract: 12 months, with likelihood of extension
Salary: £26-29k depending on experience plus pension scheme, 27 days of annual leave exc. bank holidays
This is an exciting role working as part of a small but influential charity building a legacy for the late MP, Jo Cox. Following the successful third year of The Great Get Together - where nearly one million people were mobilised to take part and we reached 33 million users online - we’re looking for a creative, driven Digital Communications Officer with proven content creation experience to coordinate and deliver all digital content and campaigns for The Great Get Together and The Jo Cox Foundation.
● Social Content Creation and Community Management
○ Managing all social properties for both the The Great Get Together and The Jo Cox Foundation, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin.
○ Maintaining a content calendar as well as curating and creating engaging multimedia content.
○ Moderating the charity’s online organisers Facebook group and overseeing activity in community Facebook groups across the country.
○ Developing digital campaigns and calls to action that are meaningful and easy to engage with.
○ Maintaining an email content calendar and assist Foundation staff in sending out mass-mailings, ensuring that they are GDPR-compliant and optimised.
○ Developing compelling user and donor journey for supporters which help achieve agreed campaign and fundraising targets.
○ Leading on development of all paid digital campaigns including setting the budget, a/b testing, asset creation, copywriting, and reporting.
○ Monitoring email performance and providing guidance on best practices.
○ Design printed marketing items - such as flyers, banners, and signage.
○ Create a range of digital graphics and assets - from toolkits to GIFs.
○ Managing JCF and Great Get Together websites, ensuring content is up to date, engaging and effectively showcasing current campaigns and calls to action.
○ Creating new pages and landing pages for campaigns
○ Monitor user journeys and website traffic.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Minimum 2 years’ of relevant digital communications experience
● Experience managing multichannel digital campaigns and a familiarity with Facebook Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and reporting metrics
● Advanced experience in social media campaigns, including content creation, a/b testing, and audience segmentation—with examples to share
● Intermediate experience in HTML, CSS, and content management systems such as WordPress and NationBuilder
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Premier, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
● Outstanding written communication skills
● Proven track-record of online mobilisation
● Highly organised with strong planning and problem-solving skills
● Able to set priorities, meet goals and evaluate the process and results
● Self-reliant, capable of taking the initiative and working autonomously
● Flexible, resilient and calm under pressure
● An entrepreneurial mind-set, receptive to new ideas and creative
● Strongly held personal values reflected in respect for others and wanting to make a positive contribution through your work
● Professional manner, able to develop good working relationships with people both internally and externally at all levels
● Generous and supportive
● Ambitious in vision, realistic in planning