In this exciting role you will work on a wide variety of designs, from engaging, fully shoppable, interactive editorial layouts for our content streams to creating new functionality for all aspects of our responsive global eCommerce site. With a focus on innovation, you will have opportunities to work across content, social for both web and mobile.
Reporting directly into the Art Director, you will be part of an inspiring and growing team of Senior, Mid-Weight and Junior designers as well as videographers.
• Produce original, user-focused concepts and solutions that are multi-faceted and incorporate all the elements of a great user experience while maintaining the house style and brand objectives.
• Generate creative ideas, preplan, pitch to senior management within the Content team, manage feedback process, execute and oversee all aspects of visual design.
• Understand and apply best practice UI/UX principles to projects. Design responsive wireframes, prototypes and documentation as required. Understand mobile design – e.g. mobile apps, mobile-first concepts, etc.
• Design editorial content both on and offline, for example homepages, style report content and landing pages alongside special projects including editorial and eCommerce briefs.
• Communicate with Editorial, Management, Marketing, Studio, Press and the Tech teams on all aspects of creative deliverables and project goals.
• Development of technical skills to stay abreast of software changes.
• Keep informed on current developments in digital design, technology, eCommerce etc.
• Communicating and sharing inspiring ideas with the rest of the creative team members.
• Proven experience in digital design.
• Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines.
• High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
• Knowledge and structural understanding of the HTML and CSS processes a plus.
• Someone who believes in creating designs with an emotional resonance for the end user.
• Strong understanding of typography, colour and layout.
• A focus on UI/UX principles to make the customer journey as effortless, seamless and shoppable as possible.
• A flexible attitude to adapt to a growing team as well as business needs.
• Pro-active with an ability to show initiative and generate ideas to constantly improve the quality of the site.
• Detail orientated, well organised, team player.
• All applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.
From the moment you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an engaging and memorable one.