At New Look we all stand by our brand values; keep it simple, be brave, think customer, act with pace and take responsibility- That’s the New Look way!
Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too!
Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion.
At New Look we spend our days working to improve the way we do business , our only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
Does that sound like you?
Our product and creative lead joined us last year. His remit: To establish a world-class design team to make sure our suite of digital products exceed the expectations of our customers.
Surrounded by new faces, you'll be joining a close-knit team of product designers, UX designers and researchers.
What a designer's day looks like here:
• Being a guardian of our Digital Brand Guidelines. Defining in collaboration with the team the digital styleguides across web and app.
• Taking ownership of the product design (heavy focus on visual / UI) for one or more of our product streams (big focus on our mobile apps!), working in collaboration with the wider team (UX researcher, product managers, optimisation analysts, developers)
• You'll own and deliver intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences.
• leading and planning workshops with the product team & cross-functional stakeholders to come up with new ideas.
• Turning user insights and identified opportunities into differentiating concepts, services and solutions (so strong experience in understanding of UCD/HCI principles and visual design is a must).
• You will identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with our user research team, and refine designs with data and user feedback.
• You'll build from a great customer-centric hypothesis, using your understanding of the behavioural & psychological aspects of it and designing a fantastic user experience.
• You will work collaboratively within an pseudo-Agile process with other product designers, UX researchers, product owners, project managers, UI and developers.
We're interested in people who:
Have designed and shipped several successful products
Are up to date and (even ahead?) of current design trends
Pro at design tools: Sketch, Photoshop, Invision....
You understand the whole product design lifecycle, but your strength lie in stunning visual design for digital products
Resilience - Things move and change fast here, so you can adapt and keep a cool head
At New Look we take pride in career progression, offering internal promotions to candidates who are ready to step up the career ladder. We also offer everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
Come join us and see it for yourself. You have to experience it to truly believe it.
We know that job descriptions do not always let your unique work history show- if you do not meet all of our requirements but you still think you’d be a great fit for this role… apply anyway!