Event Operations Assistant
We’re an events and festival company promoting quality beer around the UK. We began with the London Craft Beer Festival in 2013. We now have 4 festivals around the country, growing to 5 in 2020 and with plans for further expansion down the line.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is keen to develop their events experience and join our small but dynamic company to deliver next year’s series of five festivals.
You will need to be a confident and effective communicator able to liaise with all project stakeholders, suppliers, partners and exhibitors. Working alongside the Operations Director, you will work across all aspects of event planning and delivery from site layout to staffing, production schedules to stage management. As such you will be a brilliant problem solver, extremely well organised and work well under pressure.
We are interested in people who can work independently as well as alongside the team, and that are passionate and have belief in what we do – festivals, great experiences, quality food and drink.
● Researching suppliers, compiling quotes and helping to create festival budgets and forecasts. Maintaining these throughout the season and reconciling at the end.
● Booking suppliers and managing their arrangements.
● Assisting with event builds, overseeing of staging and installations.
● Collecting and managing key operations information from brewers, food traders, brand partners and music/entertainment.
● Handling partner/exhibitor/brewer queries, including changes to stand layouts, electrical requirements, delivery times etc.
● Event staff coordination, briefing and management.
● Managing site plans and keeping them updated.
● Artist advancing and liaison.
● Writing and managing detailed and well planned delivery, build, de-rig and collection schedules.
● At least 3 years of solid event planning & event operations experience.
● Super organised, process led and a stickler for detail.
● Great with people - good at building relationships.
● Punctual - we work to deadlines that need to be met. Punctuality both in work stream and presence in the office or at meetings is crucial.
● This is a 5 month, part time contract starting in April 2020 and running until mid August 2020.
● Four days per week not including event periods during which more days will be required however, time off in lieu will be earnt.
● 26-36k pro rata depending on experience and qualifications.
● Festival Guest list for each of our events.