Please apply by Friday 22nd October.
Job Description: Event Producer / Account Manager
The Park is an award-winning experiential agency, founded in London in 2018 by three industry leaders with eclectic backgrounds in client-side marketing, events, advertising, psychology, TV, PR, and sponsorship. The Sydney office launched in 2021.
At its core, The Park is an experiential agency but we have a broad view of what experiential marketing is. Simply, it’s doing something not just saying something.
We work with brands that stand for something (the likes of Bombay Sapphire, Amazon Prime Video and Asics) and help them prove it to their customers and internal stakeholders, by creating Brand Proof. What’s Brand Proof in action? It’s about standing for something, creating something, doing something, that you can then talk about in broader media channels to prove what you’re about.
Our work spans physical experiences, digital experiences, social media, content, design and much more. And we like our people to be as varied as the work we create.
Our culture is everything to us and it’s underpinned by two key beliefs…
1. The Park should never be the most important thing in your life, that is always your friends and family.
2. There is no correlation between hours sat in an office and quality of ideas.
…and three founding values:
Simplicity Is Clarity- we are committed to using no buzzwords and never hiding behind complexity. If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it.
Diversity Makes The World Better- We think the most creative, fun and interesting environments are the ones that have the most varied types of people from the broadest array of backgrounds with the most eclectic views.
There’s Always A Way- it’s the attitude we take to everything, there’s a way to make anything happen.
Event Producer / Account Manager Role Overview
To help us deliver Client projects, supporting on some and owning others. A lot of the role will be related to project management, client relationships and production coordination. But we’re an agency where everyone gets involved with all aspects.
Below are some of the things that we’re looking for but don’t feel you need to tick every box, if you like the sound of The Park, and the role, and feel you could add something to our business we want to hear from you.
- Uphold the values and behaviours of The Park (see below)
- Work alongside the Account Management team to make sure that all projects are delivered smoothly
- Build relationships with clients and suppliers
- Develop ideas for client briefs
- Create client presentations with excellent visual appearance
- Look for new creative partners, suppliers and technology
- Liaise with suppliers/venues to obtain quotes, assess feasibility etc.
- Brief and manage designers
- Mood boards to help support creative ideas
- Assist with owned social channels - ideas for content calendar etc.
- Keep up to date with what’s going on in our industry and share this knowledge with the team
You’ll also be integrated into the wider aspects The Park business including:
- New Business development – getting the chance to be involved in pitches
- The Park Cultural initiatives – contributing to and being a key part of the culture of the business
- The Park finance – learning our financial process
- 3+ years relevant experience. This doesn’t have to be in an experiential agency, we’re particularly interested to hear from people with experience of events, digital, social and PR projects looking to apply those skills to an experiential agency.
- Knowledge of the marketing and communications industry
- Experience building and maintaining client relationships, confident in direct comms with clients
- Experience in managing production suppliers and overseeing on-site production
- Organisation and time management
- Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Hungry to learn and get involved
- Curious and inquisitive
- An interest in the latest trends in popular culture
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Proactive and able to anticipate what the team might need
- Happy to get stuck into any task
- Confident speaking to suppliers, venues, clients etc.
- Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions
- Ability to work under pressure
Full time position starting ASAP.
Following probation there is a one-month notice period for both sides.
Our office is located in Shoreditch, close to Old Street Station. We work in a hybrid way; the full team come into the office on Mondays and Wednesdays, with everyone free to work from where they want (office, home or somewhere else) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. There will, however, be times where live projects or events require extra days in the office or on-site.
Everyone at The Park has twenty-five days a year to go on holiday and you are encouraged to take all of them. If you don’t, you can carry up to five days over to the following year. If we shut the Agency over the Christmas and New Year period you can have those days off without using any of your twenty-five days allocation.
You are, of course, also entitled to days off in lieu for any days you have to work over a weekend if you’re working on an event.
At The Park we actively encourage entrepreneurship so any new business that you bring in will see you receive a 10% bonus of any fee generated from that new business lead.
We want to support and encourage all our team to connect to culture and to get out and about. As such there's £50 available each month to buy a ticket to something. This could be a gig, an exhibition, a play, a trip to the cinema, anything really. All we ask of you is that you tell us what you've done in the team meeting and if it's something you share on social then please use #theparklife.
To empower our team to connect with their professional contacts, there’s £50 available each month to take a client, supplier, contact, journalist or potential creative partner for a beer or a bite to eat.
We’re very lucky to work in a creative industry, on exciting projects, with good people. There are lots of people in this world whose situations are not as lucky as ours. So we think it is very important to give back to society and the local community. We want to encourage people to volunteer for good causes in various forms. To help do that we have one day a year where the company gives up it’s time to help a cause and we will also provide two additional paid days leave for anyone at The Park to take part in volunteering.
- Try to do what’s never been done before
- Every time, ask yourself, can I make it better?
- Never suffer in silence, no problem is yours alone
- Never say “no” without providing an alternative option
- Never start work without a client brief
- Communicate simply. Don’t default to long e-mails
- Keep words to a minimum in presentations. Prompts, not descriptions
Diversity Makes The World Better
- Inclusivity must be a consideration in all our recruitment efforts
- Ensure our network is as diverse and creatively rich as possible
- Make sure your language is considerate and inclusive of everyone, every day
- Create an office environment that is welcoming and respectful of all people and personalities