We at Hearst Live passionately believe in the power of live experiences in our audience and clients lives.
By bringing to life our brands we strive to create live experiences that enable, inspire and excite our valued audiences and clients so they can deeply engage with the Hearst brands and audiences.
Hearst Live is the award winning live events division of Hearst UK. Creating live experiences, over 100 events a year, for our iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Country Living.
You will support delivery of events across all of our titles. You will be responsible for delivery of our regular reader events and supporting on larger event executions.
• Work closely with Event Managers and Event Executives to support the delivery of our events portfolio
• Assisting with pre-event activity including arranging couriers and deliveries, packing up all equipment and event collateral, collating event production box, supporting with uploading guest lists to check in system
• Working with the Events team to support the delivery of events onsite including event setup, guest registration, event derig and other onsite activities
• Supporting with post-event wrap up, including taking inventory for stock, reconciling credit card and supplier payments, feeding into event evaluations, scheduling and minuting wrap up and kick off meetings
• On occasion, deliver allocated events independently, successfully managing supplier and stakeholder relationships to ensure the event is a success
• Sourcing goodie bag items and contra partnership opportunities with brands
• Ongoing research and updating event databases with new venues and suppliers
• Provide support to the Director of Events and Head of Events and Client Service where required
• Support with administrative tasks such as travel booking, invoice processing and expense submissions
• Ad-hoc support for the Managing Director of Hearst Live with diary management
• Providing administrative support to the Events Operations team
• Inbox management for shared mailboxes including responding to incoming consumer/brand enquiries
• Interest or knowledge of events and media industries
• A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to take on tasks outside of this job description to support the team to get the job done
• Proven work experience in a similar field or executing similar profile of events
• Knowledge of London event venues
• Personable and presentable
• Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy in work standard.
• Ability to work as part of a team within office and event environment
• Flexibility in work approach and time management
• Competent in using word, excel, power point, internet and e-mail systems