The successful candidate will join a respected in house team supporting the Head of Legal and providing a high quality and positive legal service to the team's internal clients as well as support the EMEA team of Hearst Ventures (www.hearstventures.com), the corporate venture arm of Hearst.
• Meetings and travel organisation
• Filing contracts in the office.
• Formatting documents (including new or amended product templates, powerpoint work), ensuring they meet the current standards, distributing to the legal team and the business
• Any other ad hoc administrative tasks as and when required (e.g. booking travel, diary management, expenses, setting up conference calls, etc).
• Pulling together investment research on sector of interest
• Organizing monthly reports on investments in the EMEA region
• Unearthing and organizing primary research resources for EMEA Hearst Ventures team
• Event planning for industry events for Hearst Ventures in Europe
• Managing social media feeds and industry marketing for Hearst Ventures
Preparation: A range of tasks to support the business such as:
• Using standard NDA template to provide NDAs to new customers / reviewing third party NDA templates.
• Preparing and reviewing other types of contracts as and when required (for example, services agreements, amendment agreements).
Co-ordination: A range of tasks to support different phases of a commercial transaction, such as:
• Co-ordination within the company and its subsidiaries to collate information required for an agreement
• Cross-checking documents and document scanning.
• Assisting with the approval process and signing of agreements and, once fully signed, loading the signed contract onto contract databases.
Administration: A range of tasks to support the evolving needs of the company, such as:
• Document collation, version control and document review.
• Hard copy document management.
• Liaising with other internal departments (e.g. sales, marketing, editorial) on contract and other legal queries, request for contract copies and any other ad hoc tasks and advice requests.
• Assisting Head of Legal in relation to company secretarial matters (e.g. preparing board meetings and minutes, paperwork in relation to appointment/termination of directors, POAs, etc).
• A willingness to be a key team player with a can-do attitude and ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to network and build good relationships across Hearst in the UK and internationally.
• Ability to follow instructions precisely and give clear directions to other team members and departments.
• Highly organised in themselves and the ability to help other members of the team be organised.
• Flexible in approach and methodology of work. Willingness to continually strive for improvements and efficiencies.
• Individual must be happy to work alone and in a busy team environment. He/she will need to be self-motivated and driven to help achieve their individual and team goals.
• Previous similar or pertinent experience