We have a fantastic opportunity for an Executive Editor to join House Beautiful. You will be responsible for delivering all aspects of editorial content for the brand and particularly for overseeing the day-to-day running and delivery of the print magazine and associated publications
Reporting into the Director of Content, Homes, your innovative and forward-thinking approach will enable you to lead the running of the print and work closely with the Digital Editor to ensure a collaborative, creative and cohesive approach to content
You will be responsible for knowing our audience inside and out, able to anticipate their needs and forecast trends to meet the changing landscape
You will ensure that readers, advertisers and brand partners are provided with a highly engaging brand experience, whilst balancing costs to deliver the print magazine and publications within budget
In addition to overseeing content planning and delivery, you will assist when necessary with broader brand projects
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Work with the Director of Content, Homes, to realise the brand vision and deliver a compelling editorial strategy that appeals to both consumers and commercial partners
• Assist in the communication of this vision to internal and external stakeholders
• Managing the team on a day-to-day basis, guiding and supporting them to create best-in-class content that drives conversation amongst our audience, as well as circulation and subscriptions
• Help shape and implement the over-arching print strategy for the brand - working with the Director of Content to define the content pillars, structure and tone and ensure the magazine and publications deliver against this
• Execute all editorial duties to the highest standard, meeting production deadlines and ensuring factual accuracy and legal safety of all content
• Approve all freelance contributors, experts, photographers and illustrators
• Collaborate with the Workflow Director to deliver an effective and efficient workflow, communicating any issues or changes in best practice to the team
• Work with the Director of Content to ensure the smooth running of the print brand financially
• Edit content and push ideas forward, guiding the team to deliver consistent editorial excellence, that will delight and engage the House Beautiful audience
• Ensure that all production deadlines are met in accordance with agreed schedules
• To be aware of any potential editorial and commercial conflicts and be able to liaise with all central departments on any issues that affect the brand
• Work closely with the Director of Content and the Digital Editor to deliver and integrated approach to content creation and production, ensuring that every opportunity is fully exploited across platforms to push the brand forwards
• Help ensure the team have print KPIs that deliver into the overall brand strategy.
• Work closely with the Digital Editor to maximise the use of audience data through polls, social media and traffic to keep on top of feedback and brand perception.
• A proven track record of working at a management level on a print/multi-platform brand.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A can-do attitude with ability to work flexibly in the role
• The ability to multi-task, remaining calm and professional under pressure.
• A strong eye for quality, a good understanding of data and audience feedback to inform content and develop the brand.
• A passion for the audience's interests, brimming with fresh and exciting ideas for ALL areas of the brand