We are looking for a talented Coordinator/Administrator to join our Facilities Team. Reporting to Facilities Manager you will work closely with building management and office services departments and adhering to time-sensitive deadlines.
You will work regularly with internal customers and external vendors in helping to facilitate the flow of administrative work for the Facilities Manager. You will also will work regularly with other 3rd party service providers and internal departments as well as colleagues in other Hearst UK offices.
The Facilities Coordinator/Administrator will provide administrative support to the Facilities Manager. The main duties will include but are not limited to:
• Support the Facilities Manager with the day-to-day operations of all Facilities services programs relating to the building to ensure these are carried out in a manner consistent with Hearst policies & directives;
• Identify issues and act to resolve where able, otherwise escalate for resolution;
• Be visible to all internal departments and develop relationships with key individuals supporting improved service delivery while providing a high-quality customer service;
• Proactively liaise with Hearst employees and respond to any issues in a professional and timely manner;
• Provide support for the delivery of operational services to Hearst's environment on a daily basis, taking responsibility for specific projects;
• Take ownership of the FM email inbox, helpdesk and ticket system as well providing assistance and support for any incoming queries;
• Proactively inspects the facility, systems, rooms, common areas, wider Hearst demise, liaise any findings to the relevant vendor teams and reports back any issues to the Facilities Manager to ensure office is maintained to a high standard;
• Coordinate and communicate with internal customers regarding office moves and ad hoc issues, attend meetings and conduct inspections of office space;
• Maintain up to date office plans and effectively track office allocations;
• Handle enquiries and maintain vendor relations as a department point of contact;
• Evaluate, prioritise, respond and/or escalate both written and electronic correspondence;
• Act as gatekeeper for Facilities dealing with telephone and other communication as needed;
• Assist with projects as requested (i.e. researching products and services when required);
• Maintain departmental filing systems;
• Liaise with other Hearst locations to keep up to date records of information regarding vendor contracts, server room maintenance etc;
• Assist with the preparation of budgets for all Hearst locations;
• Assist with business card and printed stationery requests;
• Assist with H&S requirements (incl training for first aiders & fire wardens) and workstation/DSE assessments including orders;
• Assist with new joiner preparations;
• Assist with furniture requests for common areas as well as office spaces;
• Assist with bike requests;
• Assist with orders for consumables for the reception & cleaning;
• Conduct regular floor checks to comply with H&S regulations and identify areas of improvements;
• Assist with achieving and maintaining any accreditations (e.g. ISO);
• Data gathering, analysis and reporting - Sustainability, Energy, Utilities; and
• Assist with general administrative support to the FM team including meeting room management and minute taking.
Any other ad hoc requests or project work as reasonably requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Self-educating, curious and pragmatic, solution-oriented mind-set.
• Capable of working under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines.
• Team player, supportive of others, proactive.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to prioritise and coordinate work and maintain confidential information.
• Self-motivation with an ability to work independently.
• Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF).
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent Customer Service skills;
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant experience within a similar professional services or office environment with experience in a facilities or administrative function.
• CAD qualification (desirable)