We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fashion Director to join Cosmopolitan for fixed term contract. You will create, develop and execute the fashion strategy for Cosmopolitan.
Working with the Editor-in-Chief and the Executive Editors, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of fashion content across all platforms; print, digital, video, social, events and any brand extensions in the UK.
From styling and concepting cover shoots, to overseeing print and digital fashion content, you will be responsible for leading the aesthetic standards across Cosmopolitan, creating energetic, exciting, on-brand fashion stories.
You will have exceptional contacts with all relevant fashion brands, be a truly brilliant and creative stylist and have proven experience shooting ambitious fashion stories and celebrities. You will create a recognisable persona in the industry, driving circulation, traffic and commercial opportunities for the brand.
• Responsible for the brand's fashion content across all platforms.
• Plan the fashion content of each issue at the beginning of every season, with the Fashion Editor, to ensure high performance of content across multiple platforms.
• Oversee and style main fashion and cover shoots, creating mood boards, generating exciting style concepts, editing rails and signing off hair and makeup mood boards.
• Develop exceptional contacts with key fashion brands, exploiting to ensure commercial opportunities, talent access and product availability for shoots.
• Have a genuine passion for affordable fashion and find new ways to elevate these brands within our pages, ensuring there is a balance of trends, brands, and aesthetic across each issue.
• Work closely with the Brand Manager and sales teams to ensure all existing and potential advertisers are correctly looked after and forge new commercial relationships with potential advertisers.
• With guidance from the Executive Editor (Digital), support the Fashion Editor as required to ensure digital KPI's are met through traffic, engagement, e-commerce, video views and other channels.
• Work with the Group Managing Editor and Executive Editors to maximise efficiency, managing team workflows and working dynamically across all platforms to ensure the best ROI, with content delivered within budget and to deadline.
• Coordinate the attendance of press days, trips and events, ensuring major client expectations are met whilst minimising duplication of effort.
• Nurture our existing roster of photographers and models, always on the lookout for new talent and faces that will push the brand forwards.
• Always be on the lookout for new, exciting Cosmopolitan-appropriate brands.
• Manage the desk to create a team of experts with a deep-rooted understanding and knowledge of what fashion means to our audience.
• Develop a positive culture across the team, nurturing talent through feedback and learning & development opportunities, implementing regular team meetings and one-to-ones.