Freelance Brand Communications Specialist
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are storytellers, with a mission to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world. We are a place to explore potential and push possibilities. And we’re looking for an exceptional talent to drive Nike London creative concepts and production, from London for London, across all sports.
As our Brand Communication Specialist, you will lead the strategic and creative development of stories on the @nikelondon Instagram Channel. Leveraging athletes, products, sporting moments and consumer experiences, to bring local storytelling to life from the city.
You will receive briefs from the brand marketing teams and help sharpen them with a view to delivering content that is innovative and impactful. You will develop concepts with the teams internally and also partner with external creative talent to fine-tune from concept to execution. You will be competent in production having a keen eye for tone, visuals and storytelling and a be a master of the details including timings, budget and asset delivery needs.
You will be curious and brave, challenging to find news ways to communicate with the consumer, becoming expert at how best to leverage the functionality and possibilities of Instagram. You will be a self-starter, confident enough to roll your sleeves up both in creative development and production, having a strong point of view on excellent creative standards.
You will work in a team consisting of a Copywriter, Digital Designer, Channel Strategist and Brand Communication manager, working with them and the Brand Marketing team to lead the project and connect different stakeholders for feedback and approval, from briefing to asset delivery.
You'll champion the creative throughout the organization to ultimately deliver it to the consumer. In addition, you'll evaluate results to share with stakeholders, inform future initiatives, and identify best practices. You will be part of a fast-paced, high energy, talented team that have a passion for sport and creating meaningful connections between consumers and the Nike brand.
Based in Nike London, the role is responsible for the following:
· Origination of innovative new creative concepts and content
· Management of agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver the work, including the brand management team, the media team, the Digital Brand Team
Requirements for the position include:
· Minimum of 3-4 years related experience in Advertising, Social Media, Brand Marketing, and/or Digital Marketing in a corporate setting or creative agency or production company.
· Should be well versed in new and innovative media channels, and be experts in finding a sharp point of view, and interesting new ways to engage consumers
· Experience successfully creating innovative, consumer-driven content and campaigns
· Advertising/communications experience within footwear, apparel, sport lifestyle, or action sport industry, with a focus on youth culture
· Strong understanding of digital technologies, trends and social media landscape
· Must be able to write creative briefs that clearly articulate communication objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct agency work and creative development
· Demonstrated project management skills and ability to lead and direct outside resources
· Ability to manage multiple projects on various levels with different and converging timelines
Language: Fluent in English. Both written and spoken.