The Freelance Visual Merchandiser / Set Designer will be a dynamic, highly experienced visual merchandiser with window / set building experience. You will work with the architect and brand management team on a new store fit out plan – setting the launch window sets and creating additional sets in store. Following the new store opening, you will create fresh, exciting window displays for the additional retail outlets and overhaul the visual merchandising of the existing stores. This is a unique opportunity to drive forward the visual identity of a growing fashion retailer.
LOCATION / PROJECT DEADLINE / FEES
This is a one-off project to be completed within 6-8 weeks. Deadlines, fees, and working location are to be agreed with the successful candidate based on the project scope on review.
1. Design and coordinate the build of window displays, in-store sets and visual merchandising layout and accessories for new store opening
2. Design and coordinate the build of windows displays and visual merchandising accessories for existing stores
3. Create new visual merchandising guidelines for retail management team
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Visual Merchandiser or Set Designer, with a strong portfolio in women’s fashion retail
- A thorough understanding of current and emerging visual merchandising trends including technical requirements – innovative approach to materials and knowledge of sustainability is preferred
- You must be able to illustrate demonstrable project management experience from concept through to delivery as well as a knowledge of supply sources for furniture and accessories
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office is essential
- Highly organized with strong execution and problem-solving skills