Every day, around the world, millions of people have conversations online—unscripted, unbiased, and uncensored—on topics that range from brands to culture, lifestyle to current events. They talk about their experiences, hopes, and fears. Embedded in these conversations are the reasons and the emotions that explain why people do what they do. At Bakamo we collect and interpret these conversations. Through an innovative combination of technology and human analysis, we unearth relevant themes with the context and color that machine-only solutions always miss. We find the signal in the noise. In fact, the insights we uncover are often unexpected and provocative, even brutal. That’s why our clients use us.
We’re entering a phase of significant growth and are looking to recruit the key people who will help us build the company. As a Social Media Analyst, your job is to fundamentally understand people. You’ll need to empathize with their needs, keenly observe what they are saying and what they’re not saying, and extrapolate from their conversations to the assumptions and perceptions that influence their thinking. But because their conversations number in the thousands and millions, you’ll use technology to corral and manage the data, reducing it and classifying it by different themes.
ON A DAILY BASIS, YOU’LL:
● Work on client projects as part of a small team, reporting to the management
● Gather data from social media data collection tools
● Participate in the human analysis and interpretation of conversations
● Create reports from the analyses and deliver the extraordinary insight our clients are looking for
● Manage outsourced contractors as needed, engaging them and ensuring they meet performance standards
● Excellent written and oral command of the English and German language and at least one other language. (The company is global and its operating language is English.)
● Personal and professional maturity to manage your work in a small but rapidly growing business.
● Aptitude for orderly and relational thinking, which you have preferably demonstrated through experience in project management, programming, or some other relevant subject.
● Capacity to define and exhibit empathy, which we’ll gauge during the interview process.
● 2+ years of professional experience of any kind is an advantage (but not a must)
YOU’LL KNOW YOU’RE DOING WELL BECAUSE:
● You’ll be highly productive. Your projects will deliver on time and delight our clients.
● You’ll be a member of the team on whom people know they can rely.
● You’ll be imagining and implementing new ideas that make us a more productive and successful company.
● You’ll deliver mind shifting insights, created in an empowering environment.
● You’ll feel good about how your work fits into your life.
● Your contributions to the growth of the company are recognized both tangibly and intangibly.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
We have people in Budapest and London-but we have been working online for a long time, so feel free to apply where ever you are.
If you’re interested, please send a short cover letter that speaks to your fitness for the post and your CV to email@example.com.