Born out of the history of MIF, The Factory will be a new resource for artists to make
and present work at scale, in collaboration, across genres in a uniquely flexible space supported by an internationally renowned team.
This new role reflects the importance of Design at The Factory and MIF and the scale
of opportunity to build and lead a Design Studio, which will be something that The Factory and Manchester can be proud of.
The individual will work with MIF’s partners, North and Artistic Advisor, Peter Saville, to agree Brand direction.
The person should also be experienced in dealing with individuals at all levels and well versed in navigating differing creative opinions, whilst always having The Factory / MIF values at the heart of everything.
- Lead on the development and delivery of an innovative and ambitious
- Oversee a design studio to produce world-leading and iconic design
- Realise the brand identity of The Factory
- Ensure that MIF is integrated into the overall brand identity of The Factory
- To take an active and accountable part in decision making processes that
impact brand and identity
- Manage and develop the design team – ensuring each team member realises
- To be the Design champion across the organisation to ensure the brand
guidelines are adhered to
- Keep evolving the brand through development of the business plan
- Representing the organisation and the brand externally at networking
and industry events