To expand the IFT commissioner/client base, obtain a wide range of commissions in visual arts education, production and artist development. Clients may include local councils, NGOs, universities, arts institutions, larger charitable organisations and tech companies.
Raise funds through grant funding and sponsorship.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Establish financial support for IFT projects through collaboration/partnerships with commissioners and clients.
• Raise funds to cover IFT core costs.
• To develop visual arts projects with an independent spirit that amplify underrepresented voices.
• Drive forward innovative proposals that connect with our charitable aims and ensure projects are delivered as commissioned.
• Ensure projects adhere stringently with all relevant IFT policies & standards including safeguarding and data protection.
• Be a key representative of the IFT at internal and external events.
• To lead and motivate IFT production teams, ensuring that the vision for projects is communicated and understood and that the creative specification is realised.
• Inspire and generate creative ideas in all aspects of the IFT’s work.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
• Demonstrable ability to raise funds through grant application writing, crowd-funding, pitching and/or networking with key commissioners, sponsors and collaborating organisations.
• Demonstrable passion for amplifying underrepresented voices within film and media.
• Ability to ensure that all projects meet IFT’s charitable aims and adhere to policies & standards including safeguarding and data protection.
• Extensive experience in developing visual arts projects with a clear social-justice vision.
• Excellent writing skills and experience in writing and pitching proposals tailored to specific audience and commissioner needs.
• Sound understanding of the creative media industry and how it is developing with new technologies and platforms.
• Strong experience in influencing, negotiating and communicating effectively both internally and with external agencies/partners.
• Strong communication skills and ability to simplify complex problems into component parts and evaluate systematically.
• Effective planning and organising skills with the ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities.
• Able to demonstrate strong editorial judgement in a fast-moving environment.
• A track record of realising creative ideas from conception to reality within the constraints of limited resources and challenging deadlines.
• Extensive experience of leading and inspiring creative teams in a multiplatform environment and able to demonstrate strong managerial skills and positive behaviours.
• Has the ability to consider a range of problems and uses own judgement to apply effective, time-critical solutions.
• Experience of financial responsibility, strong planning skills and ability to manage projects and budgets.
You will work closely with the CEO to shape all IFT projects and programmes - across education, production and mentoring - helping create our commissioning strategies and experiences as well as ensuring those strategies are enacted.
You will play a key leadership role in the charity, managing staff and key external relationships and ensuring we deliver to our key objectives including growing our client base as well as our beneficiary reach and appreciation.
Remuneration: £40,000 pro rata.
Location: Ideally based at our London office. All work will be remote as long as COVID travel restrictions are in place.
Contract type: 6-months term, Full-time.
Benefits: 14 days holiday.
SEND YOUR CV, COVER LETTER AND DETAILS OF TWO REFERENCES TO CHARLOTTE[AT]INDEPENDENTFILMTRUST[DOT]ORG