The closing date for application is midday Monday 12th August 2019.
The V&A – the world’s leading museum of art, design and performance - is at one of the most exciting times in its history. Housing 2.3m objects that span 5000 years of human ingenuity, alongside a world-leading exhibition programme, the V&A’s ambitious strategy will see it expand to multiple sites in London, alongside Scotland and Shenzhen over the next 5 years.
As part of this transformation, the V&A has created a new division - V&A Audiences – responsible for making our visitors feel part of the V&A’s growing family of sites, and placing the visitor at the heart of the V&A. V&A Audiences aims to build a global V&A brand, create a seamless V&A experience across all touchpoints, and help the V&A build a lasting relationship with both current and future audiences in the coming years.
The Head of Integrated Marketing & Insights is a new, senior role that will help to lead the V&A into this next exciting chapter. Leading a talented team of 20, the postholder will shape and deliver the V&A’s UK-wide and international marketing, brand, audience, CRM and data strategies.
The Head of Integrated Marketing & Insights will build a fully integrated approach to all aspects of marketing, insight and audience engagement, telling powerful brand stories across multiple platforms as part of a seamless customer journey.
This role also leads the V&A’s high profile, cross-channel marketing campaigns and partnerships, as well as CRM, visitor acquisition and retention to meet ambitious audience and revenue targets across the V&A’s family of museums and galleries.
The postholder will also have the opportunity to develop entirely new brand, audience insight and engagement strategies for the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green, and two new sites as part of the V&A East project on London’s Olympic Park in Stratford, by 2023.
The Head of Integrated Marketing & Insights is a key role in the senior management team within the V&A Audiences Division, and works closely with all departments across the V&A.
Key responsibilities and areas of leadership
1. Strategy – develop and roll out a fully integrated approach to V&A’s marketing, social media, audience engagement and CRM strategies, to tell powerful and cohesive brand stories across multiple platforms, and engage and deliver new and existing audiences to the V&A’s family of sites
2. Team - lead and manage the V&A’s marketing, social media, audience engagement, insights and CRM/ data teams, + agencies and budgets, developing a dynamic and collaborative team culture, overseeing strategy and development, and ensuring that all activity is of the highest standard.
3. Brand - champion and oversee coordinated brand strategy for the V&A and its family of sites: South Kensington, Museum of Childhood, Dundee, Stratford and Shenzhen. Transform the V&A’s global profile and awareness year on year through dedicated campaigns, activity and partnership, ensuring all touchpoints support the brand.
4. Audiences - manage and oversee an ambitious audience strategy across all V&A sites, building new audiences, targeting those who don’t come today (as well as those who do), increasing visitors year on year, and driving acquisition and retention across digital, email, social media, as well as membership and learning activities.
5. Insights - develop a robust programme of audience research, insights and analytics across the V&A, to inform and support all areas of V&A strategy, as well as outreach, onsite activations and programming
6. CRM & Data – lead the V&A’s CRM and data teams, overseeing the strategy, data quality and business planning for CRM across the V&A. Champion the V&A’s data-led insights as a core part of the Audiences division’s strategy, and look to increasingly personalise activity based on audiences’ interests.
7. Audience Engagement – lead and direct the V&A’s Audience Engagement teams, championing a customer-centric marketing approach that increases the value of the V&A’s subscribers, customers and members, and shapes the V&A’s customer journey and engagement strategies.
8. Digital - lead and evangelise the V&A’s digital marketing, content and social media strategy. Use digital platforms to transform the V&A’s brand and audience mix, tailor V&A’s content for each platform, optimise customer acquisition + SEO/ PPC, and present a rich and seamless content experience for audiences
9. Campaigns - direct highly creative, sector-leading cross-channel advertising campaigns and high-profile partnerships in the UK and internationally for the V&A's public and FuturePlan programmes, and learning and commercial activity, to hit visitor, reputation and revenue targets.
10. Market intelligence - act as chief conduit for all industry insight to help inform and adapt the V&A’s brand positioning, competitor analysis, ticket pricing strategies and campaign effectiveness, and to drive innovation across V&A marketing activity
Key requirements for the role
Highly strategic – someone who intrinsically understands the relationship between brand, audience, engagement and data in a fully integrated and multi-platform way, and can turn that into effective marketing strategy
Expert – experienced marketing professional, with a strong track record in executing strategy and campaigns across multiple touchpoints, and developing and building new audiences, with a passion for marketing
Team builder - someone who has built and managed teams capable of implementing innovative, fully integrated and impactful marketing strategy
Insight and data led – a deep rooted understanding of how audience insight and data-led strategies can be built and used to effect business/organisational change
Customer centric – someone well versed in relationship marketing/ audience engagement and CRM, driven to understand and manage customer relationships, implement efficient systems, utilise data, and maximise impact at every touchpoint on the customer journey
A digital expert – a digital marketeer, on top of the latest trends and engagement strategies, well versed in social media and digital content.
Creative flair – someone capable of setting the bar in terms of ideas, activation and delivery, with a track record delivering cross-platform campaigns that have hit and exceeded target
Inspirational leader - a strong manager and mentor, able to energise and motivate teams
An innovator – ability to generate new opportunities and experimentations, cultivating a culture of idea generation from within the team
Adaptable and curious – someone who is able to flex, explore options and think laterally, to bring out the best in the teams and make sure that teams and budgets deliver maximum impact
Proactive and solutions focused – someone who looks and thinks ahead, able to spot new ideas, opportunities and partnerships
Thrives on change - someone unafraid of fast-paced constantly changing environments
Gravitas and credibility - with the ability to engage a wide set of influencers and stakeholder across the V&A and in the industry