Head of Programme and Content
Probationary period/notice: 3 months.
London Craft Week (LCW) is a city-wide festival celebrating exceptional craftsmanship from around the world. A unique cultural and commercial platform, LCW attracts 115,000 visitors to a rich and varied programme of over 240 events from 18 countries.
LCW’s curated programme brings together established and emerging makers, iconic heritage and contemporary brands, studio groups, collectives and galleries with discerning consumers to build engagement and sales. It features exclusive workshops, demonstrations, exhibitions, talks and discussions and performances.
London Craft Week tells the stories behind some of the world’s most beautiful objects – the material, the maker, the process and the inspiration. We work closely with partners to shape persuasive activations, connecting partners with new and existing customers.
London Craft Week exists at the creative intersection between some of the most storied brands in retail and the most accomplished artists and makers in the world; LCW is an influential force, redefining what luxury means in the 21st century. We define our approach as ‘Beyond Luxury’ and we curate our programme based not on price or fame but underlying substance.
· To plan, manage and deliver the programme for London Craft Week and two similar festivals in development for major Asian cities in 2020 and 2021.
· To plan, manage and deliver a wide range of digital content initiatives year-round.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate for this important role.
1. You will be exceptionally creative and with strong content development and brand management skills.
2. You will understand the commercial and creative objectives of programme partners and sponsors and develop effective solutions that address their needs.
3. You will understand the ‘bigger picture’ while engaging at scale with the detail.
4. You will operate strategically at a high level while concurrently implementing your plans.
5. Your operational skills will allow you to translate your ideas into reality.
6. You will need to be a strategist, salesperson and ambassador for the business.
7. Your digital experience will allow you to develop a wide range of powerful content and optimise how it is published. You will develop a year-round narrative that brings to life our ‘Beyond Luxury’ ethos.
8. You will be an integral part of a small but growing team working on a dynamic and ambitious series of events.
9. You will work with flexibility, energy and commitment.
10. You will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to ‘read’ situations and individuals. You will be confident, authoritative, tactful and diplomatic.
11. You will balance intuitive and reasoned decision-making.
12. You will have a keen interest in the work of London Craft Week, craftsmanship, art and design, and in the luxury fashion, retail, arts and cultural sectors more broadly.
Programme Development and Implementation
1. Work with the Chairman, Managing Director and Programme Manager to develop and implement a balanced and vibrant programme in line with the ambitions set out in the Strategic Plan 2019-2021.
2. Initiate and manage relationships with an international network of leading stakeholders including but not limited to artist-makers, brands, publishers, members clubs, hotels, concierge services, museums, cultural organisations and embassies.
3. Working with the Chairman, Managing Director and Programme Manager set programme KPIs covering volume, balance and quality.
4. Shape activations, facilitate collaborations and act as creative lead for LCW.
5. Ensure that all programmed events meet or exceed LCW benchmarks for quality.
6. Liaise with category and discipline experts to review and approve applications as necessary.
7. Support partners with event planning and logistical advice when necessary.
8. Manage the schedule of events, agreeing dates and times with partners, working closely with the Programme Manager to avoid clashes and maximising opportunities for programme partners.
9. Ensure contact details for all programme partners and sponsors and associated status updates are logged on the CRM.
10. With the Programme Manager, manage and update programme spreadsheets.
11. Develop a VIP series of events of exceptional quality to form the basis of LCW Selects.
12. Plan, manage and implement a content plan covering newsletters, websites and social channels, working closely with the Chairman, Managing Director and Marketing Manager.
13. Commission film and audio content for multiple channels.
14. Monetise written and multi-media content, upselling opportunities to programme partners and identifying new advertisers and sponsors.
15. Develop a trusted Craft Week ‘voice’ and a focussed editorial plan that is clearly differentiated from major competitors.
16. Work closely with the Managing Director and Programme Manager to set programme partner, sponsor and other revenue targets.
17. Develop a sales plan with agreed milestones to achieve the financial targets relating to programme partner income.
18. Monitor target income from programme partner fees, sponsorship and ticket sales and report progress to the Managing Director.
Partner Communications and Customer Care
19. With the Programme Manager, be the main point of contact for all programme partners.
20. Work with the Programme Manager and Programme Assistant to ensure partner contracts are issued and returned in a timely manner.
21. With the Marketing Manager, develop a partner communications schedule covering: requests for copy and images; deliveries of print and digital assets; ticketing; evaluation.
22. Ensure all risk and insurance documentation for each partner is up to date and compliant.
23. Ensure a high level of customer care at all times.
24. Work with the Marketing Manager, Programme Manager and Programme Assistant to gather all details, images and text from programme partners and sponsors for inclusion in the Guide and on the website.
25. Work with the Marketing Manager and Copy Editor to ensure a consistent tone of voice across all copy for inclusion in the Guide and online.
26. Work with all other team members to proof and correct the Guide.
27. With the Marketing Manager, brief the PR agency on the programme and produce a highlights document to focus their activity.
28. Meet and brief key journalists on the programme with the Managing Director.
29. Work closely with the Managing Director to identify potential new sponsors and add their details to the CRM.
30. Research contact details and arrange meetings as required.
31. Attend sponsorship meetings with the Managing Director.
32. Develop and write creative sponsorship proposals as required.
33. Support the Chairman and Managing Director in managing relationships with Non-Executive Directors and Strategic Partners.
34. Perform any additional tasks as may be deemed necessary for the success of the business.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· At least 4 years marketing/event management experience with demonstrable brand management and content development skills
· Experience of delivering defined creative content to achieve specified business goals
· Exceptional understanding of the craft, art, design and luxury sectors
· Strong commercial awareness and ability to identify new business opportunities
· Experience and understanding of a similar event or festival environment
· Confident sales and presentation skills
· Strong understanding of digital and social channels
· Experience of developing high-level partnerships
· A keen organisational sense with meticulous attention to detail
· Experience of using a content management system for websites and CRM
· Confidence communicating and working with senior staff from a wide range of organisations including the art, craft, design and luxury sectors
· Experience working with a range of software including MailChimp, Mac/Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel/Office
· Ability to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines and stay calm under pressure
· Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to think clearly and solve problems effectively
· A focus on delivery with the ability to turn ideas into action
· An understanding and commitment to the vision and work of London Craft Week and a passion to play a key role in shaping the company's success
Please supply a CV of no more than three pages including your current salary and a covering letter explaining in no more than 500 words how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role to info@londoncraftweek[dot]com, Jonathan Burton, Managing Director.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 9th August